Ahh. Go to the Raleigh/ Durham area ! There is a huge chance I'll be moving there in 3 months !! This could be very fun !! ( only if you move too :) )

yes!!!!! i've had it in my head for a while and my job situation is kind of...uncertain at the moment (not me specifically, but like the whole future of my company/division is super rocky right now)...i'm still under contract until april, so just kind of waiting to see where things fall with that, but either way, i think i need to get out of nyc and now is the time to do it. i've been sold on raleigh/durham for years and the more i look into it, the more it seems like a good move.

and i'd be moving there without any sort of job (or even a car!) myself. but i feel like that's sort of a necessary part of the process. i'm thinking about totally leaving my entire industry as well, which is another scary thought, but again...i feel like i can't really keep doing what i've been doing. so my plan is just to take my savings, get out of town, and figure out out from there hahaha

omg i'm so excited that you might be moving out that way too! this has so much potential to be super awesome! 

I mean you won't run into anything poisonous unless you go into the wild (and even then I've been out hiking plenty of times and only ever seen like 2 snakes) OR you live in like Scottsdale where you have to deal with scorpions sometimes (I almost sat on one at my friends house).

And we don't have any natural disasters or anything so no hurricanes, or earthquakes (but we do get rain despite what people think) which is a pretty good trade off for hot summers and mild winters in my opinion. 

Plus there's plenty of record stores!

ha true. i'm not tooooo concerned with the poisonous stuff. i mean. we've got crazy mutated rats and shit here haha. so long as the creepy crawly things stick to themselves and out of my home, then we get along just fiiiiine.

i've actually really wanted to go out to scottsdale for years, but haven't had the chance.

maybe i'll just set up some job alerts for out there and a couple other places and see if anything exciting strikes me fancy. i think for certain places, the appeal of the place itself is the big draw, but i'd probably go just about anywhere if i had a good job attached to it paying for all my  relocation expenses :D

ha true. i'm not tooooo concerned with the poisonous stuff. i mean. we've got crazy mutated rats and shit here haha. so long as the creepy crawly things stick to themselves and out of my home, then we get along just fiiiiine.

i've actually really wanted to go out to scottsdale for years, but haven't had the chance.

maybe i'll just set up some job alerts for out there and a couple other places and see if anything exciting strikes me fancy. i think for certain places, the appeal of the place itself is the big draw, but i'd probably go just about anywhere if i had a good job attached to it paying for all my relocation expenses :D

I don't like Scottsdale. It's kinda the fancy part of town and I always run into pretentious assholes. Not all of it is that way and not everyone there is, just enough to have pissed in my cheerios

Tina and Lauren moving in to a new city together sounds like the beginning to a great sitcom. Maybe in the third episode, Charlie could drive over there and make a guest appearance because gas is so cheap.

hahaha i was just thinking that. we could be like the Abbi and Ilana of NC. but with less weed and more knitting. 

I don't like Scottsdale. It's kinda the fancy part of town and I always run into pretentious assholes. Not all of it is that way and not everyone there is, just enough to have pissed in my cheerios

yeah. scottsdale is definitely more destination-y. like you go there and relax in a nice spa for a week, eat at a couple nice restaurants, and then maybe go for a meditational hike out in the desert. going to scottsdale on a vacation isn't so much about the actual scottsdale part of it. haha.

Tina and Lauren moving in to a new city together sounds like the beginning to a great sitcom. Maybe in the third episode, Charlie could drive over there and make a guest appearance because gas is so cheap.

*special guest star: Charlie

(opens door holding casserole, drops it and cocks head and smiles *FREEZE*)

music continues.

yeah. scottsdale is definitely more destination-y. like you go there and relax in a nice spa for a week, eat at a couple nice restaurants, and then maybe go for a meditational hike out in the desert. going to scottsdale on a vacation isn't so much about the actual scottsdale part of it. haha.

I'm still not officially in this thread anymore, but Portland is pretty alright.

I'm still not officially in this thread anymore, but Portland is pretty alright.

ha. that's actually one of my main possibilities at the moment. i really wanted to move out there years ago and it just didn't happen. i've never been. so might actually try to figure out a quick trip there and a couple other places in the next few months. 

hahaha i was just thinking that. we could be like the Abbi and Ilana of NC. but with less weed and more knitting.

I am 100% into this.

I'm getting pretty excited about it. I'm looking into schools to transfer to. My roommates are moving there so we would just move all together as a household. Costs would be low and I would finally get out of Oklahoma !

I think you would be able to find a job pretty quick. You're always working very hard and I think that's huge when looking for a job, actually wanting to work.

ha. that's actually one of my main possibilities at the moment. i really wanted to move out there years ago and it just didn't happen. i've never been. so might actually try to figure out a quick trip there and a couple other places in the next few months.

If you come out here I'll make you a list of record stores to hit.

I think it would be gorgeous living there and you could realistically visit Seattle or SF for the weekend.

Fact.

But yeah, it is a little expensive out here.

If you do visit, hit Brian and me. We'll show you some cool shit.

I am 100% into this.

I'm getting pretty excited about it. I'm looking into schools to transfer to. My roommates are moving there so we would just move all together as a household. Costs would be low and I would finally get out of Oklahoma !

I think you would be able to find a job pretty quick. You're always working very hard and I think that's huge when looking for a job, actually wanting to work.

oh that's awesome! sounds like a good deal to go then. 

i've been looking into it a lot and sounds like such a wonderful place. so beautiful. such a great music scene. fantastic food. the only thing that has me really nervous is the fact that i'd need to have a car and i haven't been behind the wheel in like 9 years haha. 

aw thanks :) it's tough because i've been so rooted in the media industry since i graduated college. but i'm so over it and have been wanting to get out for a while. but not really sure what else i want to go into. i'm not sure i really care though. at this point, i'd rather live somewhere i love and do whatever than be stuck here in a city i'm super over and an industry i hate. at the end of the day, a job is just a job. 

and i think there are enough big companies and industries in the raleigh/durham area that i'd be able to find something.

Fact.

But yeah, it is a little expensive out here.

If you do visit, hit Brian and me. We'll show you some cool shit.

not as expensive as nyc though :( it makes me physically ill to think about how much i spend to live here. and pretty sure the rent on my apartment is going to go up another $250 this summer when it's time to renew our lease. i just can't stomach spending more than i already am and don't want to move to a farther out/more remote part of the city for cheaper rent. it's already a 2 hour roundtrip commute for me to get to work. 

oh for sure! brian's been a big ambassador for me coming out to portland haha. even if i don't move out there, would love to at least come out for a visit at some point.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic