Not here! Unpredictable weather is Pittsburgh's specialty. I swear it was 65° a few days ago and now it's 4°.

same here! my phone is telling me that it's currently 10 degrees, feels like -1 and going down to a single degree tonight. it's way too damn cold. i'm not leaving my blanket cocoon for nothing.

and definitely want to go somewhere warmer. a girl i work with is from chicago and was trying to tell me to consider it and i totally have many times before, but i really just want to not have horrible winters for like once in my life. 

I'm watching this odd movie that takes place in a dystopian future when single people are put in a hotel, and if they don't find a romantic partner within 45 days they are turned into an animal.

This is so odd.

Lobster!  It's not bad.  The director's first film (Dogtooth) was fantastic.  I'd highly recommend that.

i'm currently in the market for a new life/job if you happen to have a spare one of those lying around...

I'm in the same situation. I decided I'm going to do the stupidest thing possible and just leave in 3 weeks without a replacement job. I'll still have my part time job so I won't be totally broke but it's still scary.

ha. rez was actually trying to sell me on that one the other night. but then he remembered all the things he hates about AZ hahaha. funny enough, i actually did apply for a random job out there at one point a couple years ago. was pretty into the idea of possibly moving out there for it. never wound up turning into anything, though :(

the two main contenders right now are portland or raleigh/durham area.

a girl at work keeps trying to sell me on charleston too, but i really don't know much about it. 

I mean you won't run into anything poisonous unless you go into the wild (and even then I've been out hiking plenty of times and only ever seen like 2 snakes) OR you live in like Scottsdale where you have to deal with scorpions sometimes (I almost sat on one at my friends house).

And we don't have any natural disasters or anything so no hurricanes, or earthquakes (but we do get rain despite what people think) which is a pretty good trade off for hot summers and mild winters in my opinion. 

Plus there's plenty of record stores!

ha. rez was actually trying to sell me on that one the other night. but then he remembered all the things he hates about AZ hahaha. funny enough, i actually did apply for a random job out there at one point a couple years ago. was pretty into the idea of possibly moving out there for it. never wound up turning into anything, though :(

the two main contenders right now are portland or raleigh/durham area.

a girl at work keeps trying to sell me on charleston too, but i really don't know much about it.

Ahh. Go to the Raleigh/ Durham area ! There is a huge chance I'll be moving there in 3 months !! This could be very fun !! ( only if you move too :) )

I mean you won't run into anything poisonous unless you go into the wild (and even then I've been out hiking plenty of times and only ever seen like 2 snakes) OR you live in like Scottsdale where you have to deal with scorpions sometimes (I almost sat on one at my friends house).

And we don't have any natural disasters or anything so no hurricanes, or earthquakes (but we do get rain despite what people think) which is a pretty good trade off for hot summers and mild winters in my opinion. 

Plus there's plenty of record stores!

Scorpions are really hit and miss. My friend who lives three miles up the road gets a ton and we have never seen one. You only have to worry about them mostly if you back up to the desert or something,

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic