I liked having all my music at all of the time, and just having to add music. None of that rotating in and out stuff,

Yeah I get that. Idk I'm never listening to more than 30 or so albums in a given month. I listen to music on binges if that makes sense. Like I just listened to Transatlanticism for the first time in a year. And I'll probably listen to it a couple of more times in the coming months before i forget about it for a year.

So i've never understood the need to have your full music library everywhere 

Nice. I've opened one, and it was a pain. Did you do anything else to it, better battery or toss rockbox on it?

I replaced the battery on this one but didn't do rockbox. I've got a nice aftermarket head unit in my car that runs on Android and has a 30 pin iPod jack in the glovebox. I left stock firmware on the iPod because I'm not sure if they would play nice if I had rockbox on there. I plan on leaving it in the glovebox most of the time anyways.

In the future I might get another hard drive and put it into a 6/7th generation. Those ones have to run on rockbox if you want to have a drive larger than 128gb. I'd like to play around with rock box a little first though.

I replaced the battery on this one but didn't do rockbox. I've got a nice aftermarket head unit in my car that runs on Android and has a 30 pin iPod jack in the glovebox. I left stock firmware on the iPod because I'm not sure if they would play nice if I had rockbox on there. I plan on leaving it in the glovebox most of the time anyways.

In the future I might get another hard drive and put it into a 6/7th generation. Those ones have to run on rockbox if you want to have a drive larger than 128gb. I'd like to play around with rock box a little first though.

Makes sense. I've yet to mess with Rockbox either, but plan on tossing it on my Clip+ when it shows up. Seems like a nice piece of software.

hello friends. does anyone here have any issues with FODMAPs? or onions? or any sort of digestion problems in general? i've been sick to my stomach since sunday and i cant figure out whats irritating me.

I have IBS, but can never figure out my triggers. Maybe you have the flu, or a stomach bug? Both have been going around here lately.

I'm so drained from yesterday. Spent all day in the sun staining the deck. It wasn't that hard of work, but the sun took a lot out of me. At least my best friend came over and helped me. So we listened to Maylene the whole time while we talked about stupid shit. Work is always better when it's with your buddy.

GJ01rGk.jpg

I have IBS, but can never figure out my triggers. Maybe you have the flu, or a stomach bug? Both have been going around here lately.

i dont think its the flu. it wouldve hit me hard by now if that were the case (suppressed immune system). plus, i don't feel achy or sick otherwise.

have you done elimination diets?

We have a customer in the shop at work that our service advisors couldn't get ahold of. His voicemail was full and he wasn't answering. His work van is ready to be picked up after repairs.

We got a notice in the mail that one of our loaner cars was impounded. Turns out it was the car this guy was driving. It was a brand new (under 4K miles) 2015 Buick Regal Turbo. The guy got pulled over doing 121 MPH on a dirt road and got a DUI. The passenger window is shattered, headliner is shredded, there's probably suspension damage, the car is 2 quarts low on oil, and there's beer spilled all over the interior of the car.

People are fucking stupid.

I kept a log of my food for a while, and tried to adjust my diet based on my findings there. It sorta helped, but not really, so I just stopped caring. It seems more stress induced anymore, so I just don't eat much when I can tell it's flaring up.

Hmm, weird. Do your meds cause stuff like that to happen? I know even the slight variation in my anxiety meds (missed a day, or a new generic script) kill my stomach.

We have a customer in the shop at work that our service advisors couldn't get ahold of. His voicemail was full and he wasn't answering. His work van is ready to be picked up after repairs.

We got a notice in the mail that one of our loaner cars was impounded. Turns out it was the car this guy was driving. It was a brand new (under 4K miles) 2015 Buick Regal Turbo. The guy got pulled over doing 121 MPH on a dirt road. The passenger window is shattered, headliner is shredded, there's probably suspension damage, the car is 2 quarts low on oil, and there's beer spilled all over the interior of the car.

People are fucking stupid.

Wow, what an asshole. What do you do in that situation, keep their car until they can pay the damages? I can't imagine selling his work van would cover the cost of replacing the loaner though.

I'm interested

Wait isn't yours broken... Hah

Yeah, I meant if anyone wants to repair it. I paid $70 on CL and got a year and a half or so of heavy use out of it. I feel like I got my money's worth and replaced it with my phone + sd card, so I figured I'd pass it on. There's a slight ding on the metal outer case but otherwise it's good.

What exactly is wrong with it? Dead HDD?

Edit: I hope my Clip+ and headphones show up soon. The Clip has been sitting in NYC for 3 days, and headphones tracking number does not work (which usually means they have not entered the US yet).

That'd be my guess. It was making weird hard drive spinny clicky noises for a long time and then all my music disappeared. iTunes would pair a few songs over, and then they'd eventually disappear too. My laptop kept trying to repair the drive too If it isn't the HDD I have no clue because that's the only logical thing.

I think he means if you want it to do with it what Jared did. In that case it wouldn't really matter than it's broken.

Bingo. Figured someone here would enjoy it and since they're ridiculous on eBay would have one for the cost of a HDD/SSD upgrade.

I kept a log of my food for a while, and tried to adjust my diet based on my findings there. It sorta helped, but not really, so I just stopped caring. It seems more stress induced anymore, so I just don't eat much when I can tell it's flaring up.

Hmm, weird. Do your meds cause stuff like that to happen? I know even the slight variation in my anxiety meds (missed a day, or a new generic script) kill my stomach.

no my meds are pretty low maintenance. my thyroid meds need time to work/absorb properly so i just wait 30 min before eating/drinking anything.

i recommend an elimination diet. even if stress is your problem, you can try removing foods that help release extra cortisol in your body. everything links back to what you eat. thats how i found out gluten and soy is a no go for me. basically you remove 1 thing that you suspect is giving you trouble for 30 days and see if you feel a difference. i have a few things im gonna try. first up is removing onions. if my stomach ache persists after 30 days, i'll move on to dairy. then other FODMAPs, etc.

absolutely, I have had a bad stomach for years it's in the family and it is exacerbated by stress. It's all out of whack for me right now, I ran out of meds and was out for a day and a half while waiting for insurance approval. So I had the day from hell yesterday, finally kind of starting to stabalize this morning

absolutely, I have had a bad stomach for years it's in the family and it is exacerbated by stress. It's all out of whack for me right now, I ran out of meds and was out for a day and a half while waiting for insurance approval. So I had the day from hell yesterday, finally kind of starting to stabalize this morning

even if stress is your problem, you can try removing foods that help release extra cortisol in your body. everything links back to what you eat. 

Mint is great for digestion as well. I'll make mint tea sometimes, and it it awesome. Same with ginger ale, so ginger in water should work great too.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic