They have been my favorite band forever. Every album is completely different. I assume they are only talking about Evil Friends, their latest, which is not their best (not bad at all). It is very radio rock, hell Danger Mouse produced it so what do you expect, but I can see why they went that route. Listen to them in order, since they all are so different, and my tastes might be different than yours.

My favorite order:

Censored Colors->The Satanic Satanist (And the acoustic version, The Majestic Majesty)->In The Mountain In The Cloud->Waiter..->Church Mouth->American Ghetto->Evil Friends. I love them all though.

They have been my favorite band forever. Every album is completely different. I assume they are only talking about Evil Friends, their latest, which is not their best (not bad at all). It is very radio rock, hell Danger Mouse produced it so what do you expect, but I can see why they went that route. Listen to them in order, since they all are so different, and my tastes might be different than yours.

My favorite order:

Censored Colors->The Satanic Satanist (And the acoustic version, The Majestic Majesty)->In The Mountain In The Cloud->Waiter..->Church Mouth->American Ghetto->Evil Friends. I love them all though.

I've heard them talk about this band for...three years maybe. If they've released one in the last three that's before Evil Friends, it may have been that one that got them into it. (EDIT: Just checked and the newest was three years ago...)

So start with Waiter then?

I've heard them talk about this band for...three years maybe. If they've released one in the last three that's before Evil Friends, it may have been that one that got them into it. (EDIT: Just checked and the newest was three years ago...)

So start with Waiter then?

I only dig "Waiter:"

Really people? I just got a call "I just came back from lunch, and now my desktop is sideways on my screen. How do I fix it?" I don't know, maybe ask your dumbass coworker playing a joke on you to return it to normal... or ctrl+alt+arrow keys... silly people

Really people? I just got a call "I just came back from lunch, and now my desktop is sideways on my screen. How do I fix it?" I don't know, maybe ask your dumbass coworker playing a joke on you to return it to normal... or ctrl+alt+arrow keys... silly people

We used to do that to each other all the time in my 6th grade keyboarding class.

I just slept 10 hours. I feel like a new person.

2AM-11AM here. Life is good. 

I just woke up, caught up on the pages, and what I gather from all this is that Rez somehow hasn't seen FLCL even though he claims to like anime.

I have to work at 4, so I really don't have much time today for activities. Can someone recommend good music for work today? No preferred genre.

Looks at Red House Painters Rollercoaster or Old Ramon if you didn't. I haven't checked out FLCL because as a rule of thumb I don't really like older stuff as much. Or pretty much anything SJump did. I dunno I'm weird. I'll check it out some time soonish though.

We used to do that to each other all the time in my 6th grade keyboarding class.

My favorite was leaving the keyboard and mouse in front of the computer but plugging the USB into a different computer.

2AM-11AM here. Life is good.   Looks at Red House Painters Rollercoaster or Old Ramon if you didn't. I haven't checked out FLCL because as a rule of thumb I don't really like older stuff as much. Or pretty much anything SJump did. I dunno I'm weird. I'll check it out some time soonish though. My favorite was leaving the keyboard and mouse in front of the computer but plugging the USB into a different computer.

FLCL is incredibly short, 4 or 6 episodes I can't believe you like anime and haven't seen it

I wish I had seen the whole Pinegrove set, the 1.5 songs I saw were so good. I guess they have a headlining tour in the summer though. Got to talk to the lead singer for a few minutes, really nice and humble guy. He said RFC was a wonderful label and was really helping them out, good to know I support a label who has good business practices

No older stuff? You've never watched Cowboy Bebop, NGE, or Trigun?!

I think they're all pretty decent but the hype is kinda nuts. Still haven't watched NGE for some reason though. I just meant generally. I can count the older (before 2006 or so) series I really enjoyed on one hand and I love tons of stuff after that.

Right? I grew up watching Robotech & Tranzor Z

Ditto. Also watched Spaceketeers, Devilman, and a few others whose names escape me right now.

In my 20's found and loved all the Studio Ghibli stuff, NGE, Cowboy Bebop, Cutey Honey, Devil Hunter Yohko, Ghost In The Shell, Ninja Scroll, etc.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic