Dude, that's crazy you'd say that. I was listening to Jane Doe a few days ago and I had the sudden realization that the reason I liked it is because of how similar to Foo Fighters it sounds. 

I shit you not, the same thing happened to me earlier. I was like 'holy shit, these dudes so totally ripped off riffs from TC&TS'.

Finally got it to print normal again, no clue what happened. Fucking computers.

I'm actually really liking the on board pre-amp better than the Mani. It's slightly darker, not much, but it covers up pretty much all the pops and click on some records I was having before. The sound stage feels a bit more open too. Wish I'd had tried it out before.

Finally got it to print normal again, no clue what happened. Fucking computers.

I'm actually really liking the on board pre-amp better than the Mani. It's slightly darker, not much, but it covers up pretty much all the pops and click on some records I was having before. The sound stage feels a bit more open too. Wish I'd had tried it out before.

I always wondered why you used the Mani if you have a Music Hall a15.3 which covers your MM cart. Haha.

I always wondered why you used the Mani if you have a Music Hall a15.3 which covers your MM cart. Haha.

I had it from the receiver I used to use, before I started upgrading, since it did not have a preamp.

I went straight to the Mani, because I didn't want it to be a waste of money. I'm trying to cut down on clutter, and money is always nice, so it was the first thing I thought of trying. I also tried my streaming set-up with out the Modi, but the built-in DAC in the Airport Express is pretty dull and lifeless. Getting some money for a bike, and the less stuff I own the better. Summer is fast approaching for my (hopefully) move.

I went straight to the Mani, because I didn't want it to be a waste of money. I'm trying to cut down on clutter, and money is always nice, so it was the first thing I thought of trying. I also tried my streaming set-up with out the Modi, but the built-in DAC in the Airport Express is pretty dull and lifeless. Getting some money for a bike, and the less stuff I own the better. Summer is fast approaching for my (hopefully) move.

Makes sense. Getting rid of the Airport, too? I always found it kind of unnecessary (in general). Just sell a print or two and you'll fund your whole move. Haha. I would start thinning out all the stuff you don't really need / want, and it'll help fund your move, and make it easier [to move less].

No, going to keep it for a while. It's the easiest way to get my digital music to my stereo right now. Maybe once I move, sine I'm sure it'll be into a smaller apartment, I'll make an easier way to just go USB->DAC-stereo.

No, going to keep it for a while. It's the easiest way to get my digital music to my stereo right now. Maybe once I move, sine I'm sure it'll be into a smaller apartment, I'll make an easier way to just go USB->DAC-stereo.

Now that I have better speakers, I'm thinking of listening to music through speakers more in general. I usually always listen to digital via headphones. But hooking up my DAC to my amp could be interesting.

Makes sense. Getting rid of the Airport, too? I always found it kind of unnecessary (in general). Just sell a print or two and you'll fund your whole move. Haha. I would start thinning out all the stuff you don't really need / want, and it'll help fund your move, and make it easier [to move less].

If I were to sell a few prints, I could probably pay off the rest of my student loans and have some left over to live for a few months. Some of the ones I have go for crazy money on ebay sometimes. I might unload a few closer to moving time.

Now that I have better speakers, I'm thinking of listening to music through speakers more in general. I usually always listen to digital via headphones. But hooking up my DAC to my amp could be interesting.

I bet you'll be surprised with the new speakers. I bet it'll sound pretty fucking amazing. 

If I were to sell a few prints, I could probably pay off the rest of my student loans and have some left over to live for a few months. Some of the ones I have go for crazy money on ebay sometimes. I might unload a few closer to moving time.

I bet you'll be surprised with the new speakers. I bet it'll sound pretty fucking amazing. 

Even the frames along could do it. Haha.

And I've honestly never thought of it until now replying to your post (since I rarely listen to digital through speakers). Haha. I kind of want to do it now, but I'm watching Netflix. I'll give it a try at some point tonight and let you know what I hear / think.

Netflix is always good too. What are you watching? I feel like I should watch something, since I pay for it every month and only watch one or two things.

Netflix is always good too. What are you watching? I feel like I should watch something, since I pay for it every month and only watch one or two things.

Currently marathoning White Collar. Wanted something in the vein of Person of Interest. It's an entertaining, funny crime show. It was on USA, so you can guess the humor / writing style. The acting is good, and holds my interest, so fuck it. I just want more Person of Interest dammit.

Currently marathoning White Collar. Wanted something in the vein of Person of Interest. It's an entertaining, funny crime show. It was on USA, so you can guess the humor / writing style. The acting is good, and holds my interest, so fuck it. I just want more Person of Interest dammit.

I watched a season or two of it, and just stopped for no reason. Maybe I should pick it back up.

I watched a season or two of it, and just stopped for no reason. Maybe I should pick it back up.

I'm definitely liking it. It's one of those shows I wouldn't really care for if it were airing regularly, but since I can marathon it, I'm all about it.

Watch Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Person of Interest if you haven't.

White Collar is good for a Sunday afternoon binge session. It's fairly smartly written, entertaining, and not TERRIBLY predictable. Good character writing too...and Matt Bomer is pretty damn sexy in that show, no matter what way you swing.

Dude. I completely agree. That dude won the DNA lottery. Plus the show has tons of gorgeous ladies on it. And you're right, the show is pretty smart. You can guess a few things along the way (especially if you watch a lot of TV), but it still keeps you on your toes for the most part which is cool. The first season or two has a lower budget so there a few corny moments, but definitely not a huge deal. The Ford sponsorship can get really fucking cheesy at times. But other than that, I'm a fan.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic