I got my Pistons today Matt. They sound kinda muffled, might need broken in, might be fake, might be my ears. I don't know, but I certainly remember why I hate earbuds and IEMs. I'll give them more listens though.

They definitely, DEFINITELY need burn in time. Give it about a week or so, and they'll open up. They hit the sweet spot at around 200 hours. Make sure to use the correct size buds which will help with comfort. The more often (not longer) you wear them the more you'll get used to them, too. And I only use IEMs for conveinence like biking, if weather might be bad and I'm outside, don't feel like lugging my cans, or if I'm running out real quick. So I wouldn't be using these for hours of use at a time.

They definitely, DEFINITELY need burn in time. Give it about a week or so, and they'll open up. They hit the sweet spot at around 200 hours. Make sure to use the correct size buds which will help with comfort. The more often (not longer) you wear them the more you'll get used to them, too. And I only use IEMs for conveinence like biking, if weather might be bad and I'm outside, don't feel like lugging my cans, or if I'm running out real quick. So I wouldn't be using these for hours of use at a time.

That's really the only reason I got them, since I hate IEMs. They are starting to feel more comfortable in my ears, so that's a good start. I hate hearing myself breathe in between songs, and such, since they seal off the ear, you can hear everything your brain normally ignores since it is muffled. 

Punk is a music movement, and also a fashion movement. They might mix at times, but are two very different things.

True, but my main point was The Clash were put together. They weren't kids jamming in a basement/garage/whatever. I don't like them, but I get why people do. I like a few of their songs.

True, but my main point was The Clash were put together. They weren't kids jamming in a basement/garage/whatever. I don't like them, but I get why people do. I like a few of their songs.

No I got you. I was agreeing.

And there are a handful of Clash songs I dig, but mostly in specific mixes.

Can you all please revisit London Calling? It's so varied, and such a well put together album.

I think it is super over-rated. And the funk, ska, and reggae elements, I'm not about any of it. I dislike all those genres, so to mix that into punk doesn't sit well with me. The Clash also went on to influence a lot of bands I hate such as bands from U2 to various skate punk bands, so yeah. Haha. I'm not denying their talent, influence, or appeal, but they definitely aren't for me. Stiff Little Fingers love The Clash and Inflammable Material is so high on punk albums list. So I'm not dismissing The Clash as a whole or anything. They just aren't for me.

Matt, turns out I won't be going to the show at The Loading Dock tonight. The promoters at the venue combined another show from another venue, so there would be 8 bands each playing a 20 minute set. So instead of headlining, All Dogs would have been the third band on. They ended up dropping out because it was such a shitty situation and the promoter was a dickhead. 

So yeah, fuck that place.

Sex pistols yes, The Clash no. It wasn't just an image, they were very much into it for the message. They were huge activists to the point they had people giving political speeches between sets and passing out brochures at gigs, sounds annoying. The Clash will always be the most important punk band to me, they were talented, innovative and always pushed the envelope of what was considered punk. I don't care I'd even call London Calling a punk album, look at the lyrics to "Death or Glory" alone

I just read this article on Cracked yesterday that's basically the opposite of what you said, and purports that The Clash were every bit as manufactured as the Sex Pistols. I don't really find it that hard to agree with the article either...that being said, abut 2/3 of every punk band ever lists The Clash as a huge inspiration, so does it really even matter whether they started with "pure" intentions? If they were important to you, and they helped shape your view of punk rock, then who gives a fuck. They're a punk band.

Punk is a music movement, and also a fashion movement. They might mix at times, but are two very different things.

Truer words have not been spoken.

Matt, turns out I won't be going to the show at The Loading Dock tonight. The promoters at the venue combined another show from another venue, so there would be 8 bands each playing a 20 minute set. So instead of headlining, All Dogs would have been the third band on. They ended up dropping out because it was such a shitty situation and the promoter was a dickhead. 

So yeah, fuck that place.

Sounds like classic 'Loading Dock' bullshit to me. That dude didn't know how to run a venue at all, and this is just another example. Not only would have those sets been 20 minutes, but it would have given a bad impression to anyone watching for the first time (cause of the shit excuse for acoustics in the venue). I mean, seriously, it's a crammed small stage with a super low ceiling that opens up into a loading dock area so the sound travels all over. They have 0 proofing, and the monitor placement is just as bad. I honestly couldn't get over how bad it is. Then, not only that, but a good amount of space is taken up by the giant steel staircase that goes up to the next floor. So you take an already crammed space and take away a decent chunk of what's left, fucking hell. I mean just look at this non-sense:

Kyle-McCammon.jpg

Where the camera man is standing, that's the end of the building on the right, as well as the standing floor. So your only other option is to wrap around the building and see nothing. The venue cap must be around 100 at most, but they probably skip fire safety protocol and just let everyone in, cause that's how it was for Bane. There had to have been at least 300 people there. It was a total shit show.

I feel like some trust fund baby wanted an excuse to hit on 20-something year old women, and decided that a music venue was the best way to go about doing that.

Seriously, fuck that place. It's not a venue. It's a fucking closet.

I just read this article on Cracked yesterday that's basically the opposite of what you said, and purports that The Clash were every bit as manufactured as the Sex Pistols. I don't really find it that hard to agree with the article either...that being said, abut 2/3 of every punk band ever lists The Clash as a huge inspiration, so does it really even matter whether they started with "pure" intentions? If they were important to you, and they helped shape your view of punk rock, then who gives a fuck. They're a punk band.

Truer words have not been spoken.

you are right in that they technically were put together by a manager, but it was less boy bandish in it's approach like the pistols. They recruited 4 guys who already knew how to play music (although paul might have been less trained on bass that other instruments) and some of the other guys already knew and respected Joe from his work in other bands. Which is why I personally prefer their music, I think the manager's greatest success was putting those 4 guys together and letting the chemistry form. I still stick by they were less in in for an image than a platform to make a change. I would like to read that article though, cause I'm sure I'm not educated enough on their early career.

Christ, and I thought seeing Bane at the Middle East upstairs was ridiculous. 

And look at the house lights...

What a fucking joke. That on top of shit sound, shit acoustics, shit space. Easily the worst venue I've ever been to. If I remember correctly the space had been empty for a long time, and they did a renovation, but did nothing music venue wise. SO it looked like a nice, clean empty remodel, but did not resemble a music venue at all. Haha.

The noise has no room to decay. It just bounced all over the place and was so fucking harsh. Ugh. As you can tell I'm still pretty pissed off about the whole experience. Haha.

No I got you. I was agreeing.

And there are a handful of Clash songs I dig, but mostly in specific mixes.

I honestly only like the self titled Clash album, and for that matter only the British release since they decided to leave the original version of White Riot off the US version. 

And look at the house lights...

What a fucking joke. That on top of shit sound, shit acoustics, shit space. Easily the worst venue I've ever been to. If I remember correctly the space had been empty for a long time, and they did a renovation, but did nothing music venue wise. SO it looked like a nice, clean empty remodel, but did not resemble a music venue at all. Haha.

The noise has no room to decay. It just bounced all over the place and was so fucking harsh. Ugh. As you can tell I'm still pretty pissed off about the whole experience. Haha.

Oh man, this looks terrible. I'm glad they almost never get any shows I'm interested in. I was having an internal debate about if I wanted to see Wild Nothing at The Loading Dock or Melt-Banana/Melvins/Napalm Death at Urban Lounge. I was going to see if I could make it to both shows, but this has made my decsion final that I'm just going to skip Wild Nothing and hope they come back to a different venue soon. The Melvins show should be way better.

Also, I just saw that Bane are playing there next week. lol

Man, never go to the grocery store an hour before it closes on Easter Eve. It was a fucking zoo.

Best time to go is like 8 or 9am. No one goes grocery shopping before work. Also, typically Wednesdays are the least busy, and Fridays being the busiest cause of pay day. Just some random feedback for you that I learned from various grocers.

Best time to go is like 8 or 9am. No one goes grocery shopping before work. Also, typically Wednesdays are the least busy, and Fridays being the busiest cause of pay day. Just some random feedback for you that I learned from various grocers.

As someone who works at a grocery store and has worked at several others: god dammit. So many old people barge through the doors the second they open. Wait until like 10-11am so everyone working has at least had their coffee and maybe even a cigarette break.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic