I once lent out a shirt I bought at a garage sale to a gal, never got it back. Turns out it was a pretty rare shirt that a couple years ago I saw sell for $300 on eBay. Fuckin a.

I had a Smashing Pumpkins tour shirt from the Mellon Collie tour and I have no idea what happened to it. I think it's worth a nice chunk of change too. : (

Yo. This copy of Peregrine sounds awesooooome. I'll take a family photo when I get the group together next week. Thanks again, Champ :)

It sounds really fucking good. Graveface pressings are always amazing. I look forward to the picture as well.

Finally ALL of my records have sleeves and I have a shotload leftover for new records I acquire.

Feels really good having 90% of my records in the same type of sleeve. A few were too big so I got extra wide ones that ended up being a little too big. Like, I fit two copies of SDF - Try Me in the same sleeve. But still, feels good to have that handful of slightly too big records in sleeves.

Can I just say that I highly recommend ordering the random LP bundles from Broken World. Over the years I've ordered probably 10 random records, never got any duplicates, and everything has been at least worth a listen. $5 is a pretty fair price for a record from a band I've never listened to. I've gotten a few where I was like "Oh cool, I wanted this" but most of them have been completely new to me.

I'd honestly listen to a lot more unknown new stuff if I could get the LP for $5. Is that weird that I'm more likely to listen to a record than stream something on bandcamp?

Why would a company ask if you're 18 on a resume? Does that mean I shouldn't bother applying since they're looking for someone 18+?

They legally need to know if you're under or over 18. This is the only age related question an employeer is allowed (legally) to ask. It's because different labor laws apply to you if you're under 18. Every job you apply to will ask you this

Can I just say that I highly recommend ordering the random LP bundles from Broken World. Over the years I've ordered probably 10 random records, never got any duplicates, and everything has been at least worth a listen. $5 is a pretty fair price for a record from a band I've never listened to. I've gotten a few where I was like "Oh cool, I wanted this" but most of them have been completely new to me.

I'd honestly listen to a lot more unknown new stuff if I could get the LP for $5. Is that weird that I'm more likely to listen to a record than stream something on bandcamp?

I think I'm in the same boat, honestly. On bandcamp or the Internet in general, there's just such an oversaturation of music available, that I almost get overwhelmed and wish there was something already picked for me to check out, as lazy at that sounds. But in the cases where I have a physical copy of something I spent money on, I feel obligated to give it a diplomatic and unbiased listen.

That being said, any promoter CDs I received while working in radio I wanted to throw out my car window, because 11/10 times they were garbage.

They legally need to know if you're under or over 18. This is the only age related question an employeer is allowed (legally) to ask. It's because different labor laws apply to you if you're under 18. Every job you apply to will ask you this

He called and asked me this like fifteen minutes ago...I explained the annoyance of labor laws, lol

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic