Speaking of ETID, it's been rumored they'll be opening for some shitty band (Beartooth) this fall with Old Wounds. That tour hits here and if that's really the lineup I'm going to go mosh so hard.

A few of the kids I'm now in charge of at work will be there too. Which means they'll get to have a "Yeah, this one time my boss punched me in the face in the pit" story.

25 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Speaking of ETID, it's been rumored they'll be opening for some shitty band (Beartooth) this fall with Old Wounds. That tour hits here and if that's really the lineup I'm going to go mosh so hard.

A few of the kids I'm now in charge of at work will be there too. Which means they'll get to have a "Yeah, this one time my boss punched me in the face in the pit" story.

Yea, unfortunately that's the rumor. I need to see them no matter what. Been too long

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I NEED THIS AND SO DO YOU

http://brokenworldmedia.limitedrun.com/products/575692

@Bladewillisisdead @DOMAN127

I want this so bad (Blade bought one) but don't know if I'll have the cash in time :(

Rent was this week and it was a perfect storm of running out of EVERYTHING at the same time (toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, tissues, toothpaste, trash bags, swifter pads). Combined with my girlfriend's birthday being in a week I have $0 to spend for a bit. I even canceled my pre-order for the new SDF 12" which would have also included their 3 latest 7"s I don't have.

Plus Windows 10 borked my girlfriend's computer, so we decided to clean install Ubuntu. We ended up buying a couple hard drives and a 100ft Ethernet cable. Shit is tight right now, but our apartment is fully stoked and operational. Being an adult is weird.

59 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Yea, unfortunately that's the rumor. I need to see them no matter what. Been too long

I wish it was them headlining with Old Wounds and a couple other bands. I'll still go and throw my back out in the pit though. I've only seen them 3 times and it's been 9 years since the last time. Holy fuck I'm old...

Here's how dope I am as a manager though. My one co-worker is 18. He came into work yesterday with a small hickey on his neck and was SUPER embarrassed. I gave him a "Dude, literally no one cares and probably no one notices" pep talk. He still seemed uncomfortable, tried wearing a hoodie with the hood up under his uniform. Then a customer noticed and made a joke about it. So today I came in with a hickey that was 100x worse and was like "There, now no one will even notice yours"

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

So today I came in with a hickey that was 100x worse and was like "There, now no one will even notice yours"

Well done.

8 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Alternate opinion. If Beartooth are on the tour I'd rather have ETID play first so I can leave after. 

GREAT idea.

Morning all! Actually off today because I'm working for a homie Saturday. Hopefully I don't get dragged shopping all over the place.

10 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I want this so bad (Blade bought one) but don't know if I'll have the cash in time :(

Rent was this week and it was a perfect storm of running out of EVERYTHING at the same time (toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, tissues, toothpaste, trash bags, swifter pads). Combined with my girlfriend's birthday being in a week I have $0 to spend for a bit. I even canceled my pre-order for the new SDF 12" which would have also included their 3 latest 7"s I don't have.

Plus Windows 10 borked my girlfriend's computer, so we decided to clean install Ubuntu. We ended up buying a couple hard drives and a 100ft Ethernet cable. Shit is tight right now, but our apartment is fully stoked and operational. Being an adult is weird.

Sorry dude I hate when the perfect shit storm happens, if I wasn't also poor I'd hook it up but I probably shouldn't even buy one for me

27 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning everyone. I hate new shoes, they always hurt my feet until they break in. My old work shoes had holes and the winter salt ate through the top layer of the cheap canvas, they were bad but I was too cheap to buy new ones until they ripped open yesterday.

what did you get? I agree the breaking in sucks but in a day or 2 it will be way better than worn shoes

I think I'm going to start working on my house again soon. I've been meaning to redo the back entrance hall and kitchen since I moved in 4 years ago. I also need to clean the siding and some moss off the roof. I want new siding, but it's expensive.

Anyone ever done tile? How hard is it? The entrance way is only like 6x10, so I was thinking of getting some wood style tile in it. It's the main entrance I use to the house, so it gets dirty in the winter from salt on my shoes and such.

Edited by Thomas³

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Another cheap pair of oxfords from Kohls. I'm too cheap to buy nice shoes, which is probably a lot cheaper in the long run. They were on sale for $25.

I just spent $80 on running shoes...shoes I will literally only wear once every day or two for half an hour...

They're really good running shoes though, got them more than 50% off due to sales/coupons.

I invested in two pairs of really nice boots (one for work, which were actually a gift from my girlfriend) and it was the best footwear decision I've ever made.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Boots seem like they'd hurt your feet after a while since you stand all day. I can't drive in boots either, it makes the clutch feel weird and I can't feel where it catches like I can in smaller shoes.

My workboots have memory foam inside. They're so fucking comfortable and they've actually helped my back a lot.

I feel you on driving though. I'm glad I drive automatic, but boots definitely felt weird for a bit

14 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

Hey @BuzzersonKillwell, did you see that Whores are going on tour with Red Fang again?

I did. 3 1/2 hours is the closest but I may make the trip. Red Fang lost me with the last full-length a bit but I'm still about them live. I think maybe I've always been more about them live. Whores, though, I'm bout it. 

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Brand New is playing here. I won't be going because, meh.

Same, plus I don't like the supporting bands much. MB I'm indifferent and TFB's are boring. Plus Brand New is very meh. I do like some songs, but not enough to own anything by them.

Edited by Thomas³

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic