8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I'm still tweaking my clean routine, since I just got it yesterday, but I can once I get it right.

Sometimes with those you have to just find the particles down in there and actually just dig them out verrrry carefully with a toothpick/something sharp. I've had those before. Takes a while to find the little bits stuck down in there.

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

on the subject of experimental have you heard/seen Tim Kaiser? He makes all his own instruments and makes atmospheric drone music. I saw him in a DIY venue last year it was certainly a unique experience, this appears to be pretty much the same set

Will be looking more into him now... thanks

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Sometimes with those you have to just find the particles down in there and actually just dig them out verrrry carefully with a toothpick/something sharp. I've had those before. Takes a while to find the little bits stuck down in there.

No stuck bits, that are noticeable to the naked eye on the record. I just cleaned it again, and did a distilled water rinse and it still ha a lot of surface noise :(. It sounds worse then it did new, so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

34 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

No stuck bits, that are noticeable to the naked eye on the record. I just cleaned it again, and did a distilled water rinse and it still ha a lot of surface noise :(. It sounds worse then it did new, so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Oh, no. I think I quoted the wrong thing. Somebody said something about a record skipping all over straight from the sleeve. I've had that a couple times and there was nothing I could see at first, but looking very carefully in the exact app showed some little tiny pieces of grit that I extracted and they plays perfectly now.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Ah. Do you use a shop vac, or a normal vacuum? I have a shop vac since the hose does not fit my normal vacuum, so maybe it's too powerful and is pulling the fluid off too quickly? I'll figure it out soon enough I bet.

I use a regular vacuum. KAB actually says not to use a shop vac because there's too much suction

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Oh, no. I think I quoted the wrong thing. Somebody said something about a record skipping all over straight from the sleeve. I've had that a couple times and there was nothing I could see at first, but looking very carefully in the exact app showed some little tiny pieces of grit that I extracted and they plays perfectly now.

It was me. My Strokes "this is it" record. Was going to call CCmusic and get another one but forgot and now it's been too long. So hopefully a good cleaning will help

Does anyone like the band Adventures? I just found a copy of their 1st 7" on clear /300 for $2.50 so I no longer need my 3rd pressing /500 yellow/black starburst copy, just looking to cover shipping/mailer costs (I don't have any 7" mailers and my local charges me $1) so like $4 if anyone is interested in it let me know

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

That's good to hear. How long are you there again? My vacation was good. I didn't do much but hang out with my friends and watch netflix when they were at work. I would have liked to explore more, but they moved further from stuff to walk to. It was great to get away and to see them too.

i'll be here till the end of september, maybe end of october and then if i get a permanent job here i'll stay. Otherwise any city is pretty much an option. Pretty sure I won't be moving back to Oklahoma so it's all good by me.

glad you had a good vacation.  Always makes going back to work feel awful but at least you got away from a little bit.  also netflix is great too. I've been meaning to start Stranger Things, everyone has been raving about it. 

If you like it there, hopefully you can find a job that pays well enough to live there. It seems crazy expensive there.

Going back to work is the worst. The first few days back felt like they drug on forever. Hopefully I can find something new soon, but I have been slacking a bit on applying. And I watched all of Stanger Things in one day there, and it was really good.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

If you like it there, hopefully you can find a job that pays well enough to live there. It seems crazy expensive there.

Going back to work is the worst. The first few days back felt like they drug on forever. Hopefully I can find something new soon, but I have been slacking a bit on applying. And I watched all of Stanger Things in one day there, and it was really good.

are  you on hulu too?  Seems like they've been getting a lot of really cool shows added. I love Difficult People, and I'm just now getting to watch Gravity Falls, and then i watched some weird movie called The Voices with Ryan Reynolds and Anna Kendrick. I can't tell if I love or hated it but it was unique.

12 minutes ago, Boyoma said:

are  you on hulu too?  Seems like they've been getting a lot of really cool shows added. I love Difficult People, and I'm just now getting to watch Gravity Falls, and then i watched some weird movie called The Voices with Ryan Reynolds and Anna Kendrick. I can't tell if I love or hated it but it was unique.

The Voices tried too hard to be a "quirky indie film" but it wasn't awful. Could have been better, but wasn't outright shit.

I can't tell if I love or hate Ryan Reynolds. He's definitely trying to be something other than a generic pretty boy leading man type and I can respect that. I just don't know if I like his schtick. He's no Channing Tatum though. 5 years ago if you told me I'd truly enjoy Channing Tatum I'd have called you fucking insane. But I'm 100% down with Channing Tatum.

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The Voices tried too hard to be a "quirky indie film" but it wasn't awful. Could have been better, but wasn't outright shit.

I can't tell if I love or hate Ryan Reynolds. He's definitely trying to be something other than a generic pretty boy leading man type and I can respect that. I just don't know if I like his schtick. He's no Channing Tatum though. 5 years ago if you told me I'd truly enjoy Channing Tatum I'd have called you fucking insane. But I'm 100% down with Channing Tatum.

channing tatum rules.    also i caught up with the thread and congrats on the promotion!

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Thanks!

Today was my day off and I almost texted a co-worker to ask how the shift was going. I'm a crazy person.

oh no, don't open that door up or they'll be contacting you nonstop on your days off.  I remember at my last job, my boss always turned his phone off on his days off haha. But it's cool they finally are recognizing your hard work. That's one of the best ways to make someone care about their job. more companies need to focus on that fact.

15 minutes ago, Boyoma said:

oh no, don't open that door up or they'll be contacting you nonstop on your days off.  I remember at my last job, my boss always turned his phone off on his days off haha. But it's cool they finally are recognizing your hard work. That's one of the best ways to make someone care about their job. more companies need to focus on that fact.

What's funny is multiple people have told me "Now that you're in charge I'm actually gonna do my job" and "I was looking for another job incase they didn't give you the position, so now I'll stay." I really anticipate this going well. We're severely understaffed, but I've already started to turn things around. Maybe now we'll get some new hires that don't just give up and stop coming in.

I'd actually rather they bother me on my day off than just have something be fucked up or have to find out about a problem a I'm walking in. I even posted my number in the department.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic