3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Yo @DOMAN127, creepy guy was back on Jeopardy Wednesday on Tournament of Champions! He was doing Jazz Hands and being super duper shady...

I almost forgot about that guy...I don't have a TV at this house so I don't watch much of it anymore but I keep telling myself I'll start watching Jeopardy again!

19 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Trying to keep budget in mind so I could have matching equipment I went with a set of Polk Monitor 40's bookshelves and a set of Monitor 60 towers. I'm excited to hear how nicely things sound since they are voiced similarly and the price was just right for them considering they are bi-ampable as well. Still trying to decide if I want a center for when I'm doing tv and movies, but am not sure if it's worth the investment since I've never had one. Any suggestions?

Seem like decent speakers with some good reviews. The center question is better for Matt, as I have not had a surround sound set-up in 10+ years. The only thing I remember is the center pretty much takes over the voice duty from the other speakers on multi-track movies.

Edit: Appleseedcast in Pittsburgh Dom? I might have to go.

Edited by Thomas³

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Seem like decent speakers with some good reviews. The center question is better for Matt, as I have not had a surround sound set-up in 10+ years. The only thing I remember is the center pretty much takes over the voice duty from the other speakers on multi-track movies.

Yea the reviews are what got me and for the price point it was hard to say no. Who can refuse a full set of 4 for less than $400 shipped? I got everything from Newegg, and it's my first time dealing with them, so I hope that goes well. I was able to pick up the bookshelves for $30 less by grabbing an open box pair, so more money for records! 

I hate when they let charities set up in the Dunkin Donuts drive thru. I'm just trying to get some coffee, I don't want to have to feel guilty. Getting DD makes my inner coffee snob guilty enough.

Today it was some police related organization so I just said "Black lives matter" as they started to say something. They shut up and backed away.

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

I hate when they let charities set up in the Dunkin Donuts drive thru. I'm just trying to get some coffee, I don't want to have to feel guilty. Getting DD makes my inner coffee snob guilty enough.

Today it was some police related organization so I just said "Black lives matter" as they started to say something. They shut up and backed away.

edgy

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Newegg is awesome, you shouldn't have any issues. If you do, they are quick to help. I use them all the time for computer stuff.

Good to know. They had the best price I could find and plenty of reviews for what I was buying so I figured it would be safe since even the open boxed item has the same normal return policy. Thanks for the info! Did you order that How it Feels reissue and if so did you get yours yet?

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

1 minute ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Good to know. They had the best price I could find and plenty of reviews for what I was buying so I figured it would be safe since even the open boxed item has the same normal return policy. Thanks for the info! Did you order that How it Feels reissue and if so did you get yours yet?

Yeah, it showed up on Tuesday. Sounds really good, with some remastering but not much and the loser edition looks awesome. You order it?

Just now, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, it showed up on Tuesday. Sounds really good, with some remastering but not much and the loser edition looks awesome. You order it?

I hadn't yet, but when I saw it on Instagram yesterday I had to "find" the cash to get one lol. I was wondering how it sounded and if it was as pretty as the pictures I've seen

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Super pretty, it looks like marble. Subpop rarely disappoints on quality.

This is true. I was super happy with their last Red House Painters reissue. Not a single pop or click the entire way through and nice thick cardstock inners vs. the plain paper ones in the OG I have

2 minutes ago, Holo said:

Actually, my mom is about to get tires. Is it 20% off the set?

Yeah. You have to buy them off goodyear.com, and pick a place to get them installed. I can send you a code to check prices if you want. You can apply it without using it to see the discount and total with installation/tax/disposal/etc.

1 hour ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Definitely interested

on the subject of experimental have you heard/seen Tim Kaiser? He makes all his own instruments and makes atmospheric drone music. I saw him in a DIY venue last year it was certainly a unique experience, this appears to be pretty much the same set

I know I need to invest in a proper cleaning system, but in the meantime, can someone super clean a record for me? Open the record brand new and it skips all of the place, so hopefully a good cleaning would help. obviously ill pay the round trip cost for it, id appreciate it

5 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Listening to the digital now and can tell oh so subtly small tweaks in the remaster like cleaning up of some distortion on guitars, but overall it sounds great

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

6 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I know I need to invest in a proper cleaning system, but in the meantime, can someone super clean a record for me? Open the record brand new and it skips all of the place, so hopefully a good cleaning would help. obviously ill pay the round trip cost for it, id appreciate it

I'm still tweaking my clean routine, since I just got it yesterday, but I can once I get it right.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic