1 hour ago, Holo said:

Now that I am high school I just have to sit at home and worry about what I am missing. :/

As someone who was legit sick a lot in high school (and fake sick a fair amount) let me just say "Bruh...what?" As a teenager you get to sleep in when you're sick, it's the best. I used to fake sick just so I could get a few more hours of sleep.

Plus this was back when most people just had one "family" computer. No smartphones, tablets, or laptops. Our computer was in the kitchen and everyone was always fighting over who got to use it. Sick days were the only time I could actually use the internet without being bothered or monitored. I'd sleep until noon and then fuck around online for a few hours. It was dope.

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

As someone who was legit sick a lot in high school (and fake sick a fair amount) let me just say "Bruh...what?" As a teenager you get to sleep in when you're sick, it's the best. I used to fake sick just so I could get a few more hours of sleep.

Plus this was back when most people just had one "family" computer. No smartphones, tablets, or laptops. Our computer was in the kitchen and everyone was always fighting over who got to use it. Sick days were the only time I could actually use the internet without being bothered or monitored. I'd sleep until noon and then fuck around online for a few hours. It was dope.

Yeah, but it seems like where I go they purposefully don't tell you what you missed. Had a few occasions where nobody told me I had a quiz to make up until they wouldn't let me anymore, and I'd asked the teachers what I missed. Really frustrating. Not as worried about my grades as Dom, but I do like to keep 80s.

I usually just end up sleeping all day.  I think the only time that I called out fake sick this year was for Dom and I to hang. May end up doing it again for a weeb fest in January because the only day I can go is Friday 

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I somehow managed to have my own computer in high school. My parents bought a new one when I was in like 8th grade, so I just took the old one, added parts and figured out how to get it internet before wifi was big. It was awesome. The rest of the family fought over the other one.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I somehow managed to have my own computer in high school. My parents bought a new one when I was in like 8th grade, so I just took the old one, added parts and figured out how to get it internet before wifi was big. It was awesome. The rest of the family fought over the other one.

I got a shitty Dell desktop as a high school graduation gift. Had to buy my own router and those shits were expensive 

5 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I got a shitty Dell desktop as a high school graduation gift. Had to buy my own router and those shits were expensive 

I got Foo Fighters' In Your Honor on CD for graduation. That's it. I didn't complain.

9 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I got Foo Fighters' In Your Honor on CD for graduation. That's it. I didn't complain.

I mean, I was super fucking stoked on the computer and happily ran out to buy a router. In retrospect, it was a shitty computer but I was never anything but grateful

That Foo Fighters album came out on my last day of high school. I bought it at the mall while waiting for my friends to get out because I only had classes through 6th period. A few months later I threw it (and Stadium Arcadium) out of my car window though. My friend's girlfriend was being super shitty. She threw a fit because she looked through my CDs and said "These are the only two we're allowed to listen to while I'm in the car" I was like "Yeah, it's my car and they're my CDs" But she was throwing an all out hissyfit because no one wanted to listen to either albun. She was the most entitled and shitty person I've ever met.

24 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I mean, I was super fucking stoked on the computer and happily ran out to buy a router. In retrospect, it was a shitty computer but I was never anything but grateful

That Foo Fighters album came out on my last day of high school. I bought it at the mall while waiting for my friends to get out because I only had classes through 6th period. A few months later I threw it (and Stadium Arcadium) out of my car window though. My friend's girlfriend was being super shitty. She threw a fit because she looked through my CDs and said "These are the only two we're allowed to listen to while I'm in the car" I was like "Yeah, it's my car and they're my CDs" But she was throwing an all out hissyfit because no one wanted to listen to either albun. She was the most entitled and shitty person I've ever met.

You should have thrown her out of the car it sounds like. I hate people that try to control the radio in someone elses car.

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

You should have thrown her out of the car it sounds like. I hate people that try to control the radio in someone elses car.

This is the same girl who wouldn't let us tip a waiter because he spilled water and a little of it splashed on her. He spilled the water directly on me. I left my coat at the table on purpose so I could go back and leave a tip. She's the worst human being ever...and literally the only person I was friends with on Facebook that supported Trump. Felt good to finally be like "Wait...I can just unfriend this monster"

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This is the same girl who wouldn't let us tip a waiter because he spilled water and a little of it splashed on her. He spilled the water directly on me. I left my coat at the table on purpose so I could go back and leave a tip. She's the worst human being ever...and literally the only person I was friends with on Facebook that supported Trump. Felt good to finally be like "Wait...I can just unfriend this monster"

My dad kept saying "every time one of these people I thought I used to be friends with posts something anti-Trump/church/pro-abortion I just immediately have to unfriend them. I can't morally have that in my life." So, naturally, the only fitting response was "Well, I am sure they appreciate that you are helping filter their feed, they don't want dumb shit there any more than you want theirs". 

This is the same guy who got into a Facebook fight with his mother because she said she supported Hillary over Trump. He said that because HIllary was pro-abortion that she wasn't a real Catholic (for better or worse probably the most devout person I have ever met) and was going to Hell. He also forbade her from making any contact with him or the family so that her evil influence didn't impact the rest of us. He was bragging to me about it and all I had to say was "Honor thy mother and father, aye?". Not to mention that there's no real arguement there, as Trump has said that he'd do any number of things that weren't Christian/compassionate. Remember when Jesus said to deport all the minorities? Me too. How someone can be so far up their own ass is beyond me. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic