My girlfriend got me two more storage cubes for my records and she's kinda pissed about it. She hates physical media and prefers minimalism as far as the apartment goes.

BUT now I've got 4 full cubes and 3/4 of the way to go on the 5th. Once that one is full she will probably murder me.

19 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

What records were they? Iceburn are from here and I never see their records around. I saw them a few months ago opening for Earth and they didn't have any merch either.

The ones I linked to Ghost a few posts up, a couple early 7", the 12" split with Engine Kid, and one of the tour covers of a late 90s albums. Everything but the tour cover are under $10

12 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

@Thomas³

new P.TM

I just got the email. Song was great live, and I heard a "leak" of it this morning, so figured it was coming today. Can't wait to check out the video after work.

John's doing an AMA on reddit today.

Edited by Thomas³

5 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

The ones I linked to Ghost a few posts up, a couple early 7", the 12" split with Engine Kid, and one of the tour covers of a late 90s albums. Everything but the tour cover are under $10

Did you still want that *shels? If not I'll throw it up on the bays. I'm going to the post today and tomorrow, so I can send it out whenever.

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Did you still want that *shels? If not I'll throw it up on the bays. I'm going to the post today and tomorrow, so I can send it out whenever.

I get paid tomorrow, but I don't want to hold you up cause I know you need the money for your trip. You should probably throw it up on ebay and get top dollar, if it doesn't sell ill buy it

Just now, NapalmBrain said:

I get paid tomorrow, but I don't want to hold you up cause I know you need the money for your trip. You should probably throw it up on ebay and get top dollar, if it doesn't sell ill buy it

Will do. I already bought the ticket so I pretty much have all of December to finish funding my trip.

8 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I already bought the ticket so I pretty much have all of December to finish funding my trip.

Noice.

Also, I'm up to the "the's" in my re-cataloguing effort (because recordnerd counts "the" as the first word of an artists name and I've been too lazy to go back in and change everything).

I think...I think that I have way more money tied up in these things than I ever imagined I would. Shit's gonna get real if the wifey ever sees the new list in all it's glory.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

29 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Noice.

Also, I'm up to the "the's" in my re-cataloguing effort (because recordnerd counts "the" as the first word of an artists name and I've been too lazy to go back in and change everything).

I think...I think that I have way more money tied up in these things than I ever imagined I would. Shit's gonna get real if the wifey ever sees the new list in all it's glory.

Never let her see the median value. ;)

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Which one of yins is from Pittsburgh again? Ghosty, is it you? Need P-burgh record store recommendations!

Sapst and Doman I think. 

EDIT: Lara used to live in Pittsburgh too, I think.

Edited by Youinreverse

Morning all

2 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Morning all.

Bit bummed today with the news of Micky Fitz's death. 

This year needs to hurry up and be done with already. Can't wake up a single day without someone of worth being gone now.... The Business was definitely among the most listened to groups in my teens right next to The Exploited. 

2 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Morning all.

Bit bummed today with the news of Micky Fitz's death. 

Bummer :( The Business was one of my favorites as a teen, when I was 15 I saw them headline a show in SF with Agnostic Front, F Minus, and this band called Resilence, we all got drunk and my friend puked in the back of my parents minivan and I wasn't allowed to go back to Slim's anymore until I was 18.

6 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all

This year needs to hurry up and be done with already. Can't wake up a single day without someone of worth being gone now.... The Business was definitely among the most listened to groups in my teens right next to The Exploited. 

Same here

6 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Bummer :( The Business was one of my favorites as a teen, when I was 15 I saw them headline a show in SF with Agnostic Front, F Minus, and this band called Resilence, we all got drunk and my friend puked in the back of my parents minivan and I wasn't allowed to go back to Slim's anymore until I was 18.

Haha at least you have a great story to go with it.

5 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Same here

Haha at least you have a great story to go with it.

yeah sadly outside of mp3s of that album, I only had a live cd and a the dropkick murphys split on cd. I thought I'd get that album on vinyl once I started collecting, but all I ever saw was that outrageously priced reissue. Their stuff seems hard to find maybe not online but in the wild at least.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic