59 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Walked down the street to see The Jezabels. There are MAYBE 40 people here. At the most. TWIABP had probably 3-4x that at this veneue.

Last week there were probably that many people at a bar for Appleseed Cast (Derrick was one of them cuz hundred year ocean opened) and surprisingly there were 3-4x as many people for Nothing.

Oh god. I was outside smoking a spliff next to the singer from The Jezabels. I didn't realize for awhile. Some creepy like 50 year old dude came outside and stood just a bit too close to her. This made her walk about 20 feet away and the dude slowly meanered closer to her so she went back inside, quick. I only noticed because I was like "Fuck...that dude is creeping on that poor woman. I better keep a casual eye on the situation with my peripheral in case shit gets weird...oh hey, I think that's the vocalist" 

7 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

guys, I think my appendix is going out. anyone have experience with this?

I believe Jason had his removed about a year ago.

Edit: Also if you're worried, go to the ER. You do not want sepsis from a burst appendix.

Edited by Thomas³

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I believe Jason had his removed about a year ago.

Edit: Also if you're worried, go to the ER. You do not want sepsis from a burst appendix.

yea, I figured if the pain is still there tonight/tomorrow morning, ill go. my branch is getting audited today which is a big deal and wouldn't feel right if I left my employees

31 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

yea, I figured if the pain is still there tonight/tomorrow morning, ill go. my branch is getting audited today which is a big deal and wouldn't feel right if I left my employees

give a little push on your lower right side and see if that hurts a bunch. Also if you throw up.

Be careful with waiting too long, I started feeling bad and had mine out within a few hours and the doctor said it was about to burst.

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Ah, you seem to be doing a lot out their according to you IG pics. As for me, same old. Hate my job, no jobs here, too broke to move. The endless cycle.

SF is incredibly expensive but I love it there. i spent my 20s being depressed at my job and leaving was the best thing.  

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Don't fuck around if you are in pain my friend. When I went and had mine taken out, it was on the verge of bursting. My friend's friend had hers burst in the doctors office while she was waiting to be seen and she spent 3 months in the hospital recovering... Pain isn't a big deal to me so when I hurt, it means serious business. My hardheaded ass knew it was time to go when I said "ok, this is too much"

Edit: Also, they give you lots of Valium :)))))))))

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Yup, obviously it's where I'm at. SF looks awesome, but the cost is really off putting. Tons of tech jobs, which is a plus though.

You should at least visit and check it out and network and mingle there. So many great opportunities to network. that's all i did for a solid month before coming back to OK

15 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Hey Tina! Your IG keeps me confused as to where you are, but I love the neat pictures of the Google place and the bikes and such! 

It's a split between SF and OKC.  and i love google!  I went to the Mountain View HQ at least 3 times and then various Google buildings around SF. They sure know how to treat people.  I was lucky because my mentor works at Google so I had a nice way in to visit.  Would be a dream to actually work there.

Edited by Boyoma

3 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

My wife had hers out about 2 years ago.  It was pretty fast and didn't leave much of a scar.  She had to stay overnight and they kept her on demoral the whole time.  When she left she got a massive prescription for Percocet.

Today is my one day off but I spent about 6 hours listening to 7" we have in stock at work, we got some insane punk/hardcore/noise/post-punk collection and almost nobody buys it (except touring musicians) and I probably sampled like 30+ new bands. I don't think I can afford all of them. @GHOSTDRONES let me know if there is anything of that nature you have been looking for. Have quite a bit of the gravity, art monk construction, and other hardcore labels. A bunch of stuff from bands like Karp, Universal Order of Armageddon, Iceburn, Born Against, Lumpy & The Dumpers, Gag, Ink & Dagger, Antioch Arrow, Jaks, Iconoclast, Gas Rag, are some of the top of my head (dunno why the font changed after I used the @ )

seriously don't know what to do. wanted to go to an urgent care to only pay a $25 co pay but they said if it is an appendix that they wont be able to tell 100% and they would just refer me to the ER. and this lady was just in here who works at the hospital and said they have had a lot of people in for a stomach bug. so maybe that's what this is. really don't want to mess around with my appendix but also hoping I can ride it out if it is a stomach bug and not have to pay the ridiculous hospital visit....

8 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

seriously don't know what to do. wanted to go to an urgent care to only pay a $25 co pay but they said if it is an appendix that they wont be able to tell 100% and they would just refer me to the ER. and this lady was just in here who works at the hospital and said they have had a lot of people in for a stomach bug. so maybe that's what this is. really don't want to mess around with my appendix but also hoping I can ride it out if it is a stomach bug and not have to pay the ridiculous hospital visit....

It is on your lower right side? If so, like john said, try to put pressure on it. If the pain does not change, it's probably not your appendix. If it starts hurting really bad, like you want to pass out with a little pressure or vomit, it could be the appendix.

Edit: Spending a bunch on an ER visit sucks, but it is better than the alternatives.

Edited by Thomas³

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic