15 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

sitting in chem with the world's must condescending teacher so I will have to jam later. 

Yeah, it really gets me. One of the things that tests my patience the most is hypocritical bullshit like that. I don't agree with/believe in 99% of what the church says, but if it wasn't for obnoxious people like that I wouldn't give a shit. I don't know what I think is there if anything, but I can say that I sure as shit don't buy into any of the organized ones we have now. I dunno, doesn't really matter, I just get fed up with the bullshit sometimes. I'll just angst and listen to music I guess. Fitting discussion I suppose as my copy of the album should get here today. So stoked to finally get a copy. The title track is one of my favorite songs of his

Good day all. I swear if this year doesn't hurry up and end without taking one more great musician with it, I'm just gonna lose my shit. Now Greg Lake too. Those first two King Crimson albums are like bibles to me in a silly sort of way. So heavy, yet right at the dawn of heavy & progressive music's big push through's into the mainstream. 

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

35 minutes ago, Holo said:

About goddamn time Emperor got reissued properly. Not BoB with comically bad sourcing

https://www.popmarket.com/products/emperor-in-the-nightside-eclipse-180g-transparent-blue-vinyl-lp

I was stoked to grab that space oddity 180 gram for $9.60

55 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Well it looks like it is probably pointless for me to hit up the Audio-Technica warehouse sale tomorrow. A local audio store posted a picture of a giant line, 3 hours before it opened. I doubt there will be any carts. I want left :(.

Pretty sure my next upgrade will be a new cart. So unsure of which direction to go with this decision... Endless choices & opinions :( 

12 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I was going to grab a AT440mlb is they had any on sale. I don't need one, and I'm happy with my upgraded Grado, but options are always nice (esp a deal).

I'm so torn in which direction to step considering this is a costly upgrade to be unhappy with if I make the wrong choice. Getting a deal would certainly soften that blow

30 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I'm so torn in which direction to step considering this is a costly upgrade to be unhappy with if I make the wrong choice. Getting a deal would certainly soften that blow

It helps having a place that you hear them. If you like your Omega, you can always stay with Ortofon and get a 2M red/blue, or the OM series.

Edit: Damn store bought a lot of AT carts, so there are probably none left. They posted them for sale on facebook for damn near retail.

Edited by Thomas³

1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

Audiophile friends (I'm looking at you @Dave Grohl & @Thomas³): I'm gonna upgrade my cart and ask my parents for a new one this Christmas. I know it's a matter of opinion for some of them, so can I get a good description of a few in the $100 range?

What do you have now? AT95E? (I think I remember you having the atpl120 table)

Edited by Thomas³

LP-Gear-AT95E-cartridge-best-buy.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's what that table comes with.

$100 is a light budget, and not much in it will beat out theAT95E's performance... but there are a few you can try.

Easiest: Upgrade the stylus, no need to mount or align (I'd check current alignment just to be safe)

AT95EHE hyper elliptical stylus. Much smaller diamond, so gets deeper in the groove for more sound and last longer.

For carts:

Shure M97XE (I had one and thought it was boring, but people love it)

AT120Eb (Good, a bit bright like all AT's, and uses the same body as higher end AT carts so you can upgrade the stylus down the line)

Ortofon 2M Red (Never heard one, but it is really popular on entry level tables and can be upgraded with stylus change)

Nagaoka MP-110 (Never heard one, but they are supposed to sound really really good)

Goldring Elan (again, never heard one but music hall used to include them on their mmf2.2 as the music hall tracker)

Grado Green (I like Grados, but a lot of people don't. Might hum on a DD table, and need to be aligned perfectly for best sound)

All I can really think of now.

So...yup, listened to that Julien Baker album like 6 times this week. I just haven't had any desire to listen to anything else. This is so rare for me anymore that I'm this amped about something I hadn't heard before.

also stoked that the currently available variant is clear with blue splatter.

Rejoice gives me little  chills every time I hear it. Her voice gets so raw and emotional. ::sigh::

Also:

Whenever I see/hear someone use the word "feels" in place of feelings I immediately stop reading/listening to that person.

I was just reading a New Yorker piece and the writer did that. What. The. Fuck.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Also:

Whenever I see/hear someone use the word "feels" in place of feelings I immediately stop reading/listening to that person.

I was just reading a New Yorker piece and the writer did that. What. The. Fuck.

2016 is fucking garbage

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

So...yup, listened to that Julien Baker album like 6 times this week. I just haven't had any desire to listen to anything else. This is so rare for me anymore that I'm this amped about something I hadn't heard before.

Rejoice gives me little  chills every time I hear it. Her voice gets so raw and emotional. ::sigh::

She is so good. Did you listen to her Spotify Sessions? 

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I saw her audiotree sessions a while back and fell in love.

20 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

It helps having a place that you hear them. If you like your Omega, you can always stay with Ortofon and get a 2M red/blue, or the OM series.

I do like my Omega, but I can see more & more where it lacks in mid and high ranges with certain records in particular. I was thinking of jumping to the 2M red to see what it has to offer and then if I want I can just grab another stylus to try the blue out down the road if I'm impressed. I would like to try an AT cart but am afraid of the brightness that has been described repeatedly, and the stories of "the Grado hum". Sucks not having any place near me that sells high end audio equipment so I can go demo some before making such a huge cash leap. Hell, a 2M red will be more than I paid for my TT itself...

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic