1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm just gonna publicly shame myself. I told Rez I'd send him some stickers a month and a half ago. Im mailing them today.

I also just realized I forgot to throw in the super old school CYLS (handmade and on CDR) samplers I dug out for him, but I already left...

<3

47 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Good afternoon cuties!

How are y'all spending your Saturday? Listening to records and making valentines up here, two things which I haven't done in too long :) 

I made a large breakfast, drank a lot of coffee and took the dog for a hearty walk.  Been a nice morning thus far!

51 minutes ago, chkadea said:

@jonrawks Sounds like an excellent start to the day :) and your pupper is beyond adorable!

@The Ghost of Randy Savage Boo to work. Boost to burrito.

@GHOSTDRONES Making any snowmen ala Calvin & Hobbes? ;) 

Massive snowball fight. Taught the urchin how to make them.

26 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

thanks!  

Any updates on your job search?  have you been working the Linkedin angle?

No, have had a few interviews and phone interviews but nothing is really jumping out at me. I think I just want to move too bad, but keep having mental set backs. Had a horrible panic attack, out of no where earlier, felt like I was having a heart attack. I need to get my anxiety, and possibly health back in control before I can move somewhere. I really on my parents and friends too much, for situations like this. Won't be able to do that in a new place for a while. I have not had a linkedin profile since they got hacked, but I probably should set one up again.

26 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

No, have had a few interviews and phone interviews but nothing is really jumping out at me. I think I just want to move too bad, but keep having mental set backs. Had a horrible panic attack, out of no where earlier, felt like I was having a heart attack. I need to get my anxiety, and possibly health back in control before I can move somewhere. I really on my parents and friends too much, for situations like this. Won't be able to do that in a new place for a while. I have not had a linkedin profile since they got hacked, but I probably should set one up again.

i'm sorry to hear about your panic attack.  My sister gets them pretty bad so I can sort of understand how bad it is.

I highly recommend linkedin..  I would go on there and look for companies and then recruiters for the companies and then just blindly message them with my quick pitch about myself.  It's a great angle to come at. I think a lot of recruiters like networking on there.  A lot of them will send out messages to you.

I would recommend adding a lot of people on there.  It helps to grow your network. You can add me on there if you want  (Taraneh BigBow).  

1 hour ago, tarzioo_ said:

i'm sorry to hear about your panic attack.  My sister gets them pretty bad so I can sort of understand how bad it is.

I highly recommend linkedin..  I would go on there and look for companies and then recruiters for the companies and then just blindly message them with my quick pitch about myself.  It's a great angle to come at. I think a lot of recruiters like networking on there.  A lot of them will send out messages to you.

I would recommend adding a lot of people on there.  It helps to grow your network. You can add me on there if you want  (Taraneh BigBow).  

Yeah, it is quite annoying. Been okish for a while then this happens. So annoying.

I'll def. get it done this weekend. All great ideas too, with nothing to lose really.

20 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

missed my bus stop yesterday and got lost and wandered around. Today has been a lot better. Luckily this place doesn't creep me out like SF. I refused to be out when it was dark. Seattle is pretty awesome! 

What was it about SF that creeped you out?  I believe it's pretty safe here at night.  I've heard Pioneer Square can get pretty shady at night, but I haven't really experienced that.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

What was it about SF that creeped you out?  I believe it's pretty safe here at night.  I've heard Pioneer Square can get pretty shady at night, but I haven't really experienced that.

SF has spots are are completely fine and then you'll walk into a really scary part and have to walk pretty fast until you're past it.  I also was probably living in a bad part of town, SOMA.  I almost got attacked twice.  I was walking on market and come guy ran up and grabbed my shoulders and kept saying sorry but wouldn't let go and then suddenly just took off running.  Another time I was standing waiting for my friend and I was behind a door with bars and some guy came up and tried grabbing me through the bars and I stepped back and then he just started kicking the door and then left.  Really freaky!    I tend to get pretty freaked when strangers start talking to me and a lot of that happened in SF.

oh and the homeless guy across the street where I lived in SF owned a gun. 

I'm not sure if I've been to Pioneer Square yet. I went to wherever the place with the first starbucks was and it was pretty cool. found a place that sold apple-pear cider.  pretty awesome. 

Holy Mountain is awesome. 

I work in Pioneer Square. It seems like it could get a little weird at night, especially under the highway down by Western. I've seen some crazies running around but it doesn't seem to bad. 

Some parts of 3rd downtown can get sketch at night I've heard but haven't seen it. What part of the city are you staying?

1 hour ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Holy Mountain is awesome. 

I work in Pioneer Square. It seems like it could get a little weird at night, especially under the highway down by Western. I've seen some crazies running around but it doesn't seem to bad. 

Some parts of 3rd downtown can get sketch at night I've heard but haven't seen it. What part of the city are you staying?

I'm  doing an AirBnb in Redmond. It's a nice 5 min walk to work:).  I've been to seattle a few times and keep getting lost but it's been cool so far.  Hopefully I don't wander into Pioneer Square at night.

Edited by tarzioo_

Morning everyone. Replaced my sway bar links yesterday, with the help of the my sister's boyfriend (who did most the work, since he's done it a million times), and now my legs are sore. Note to self, don't crouch when working on cars, get a mat to sit or kneel on. Anxiety is still high from the damn panic attack, but it looks to be a nice weather week and weekend, so maybe being outside for a bit will be good on my mood.

9 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

I'm  doing an AirBnb in Redmond. It's a nice 5 min walk to work:).  I've been to seattle a few times and keep getting lost but it's been cool so far.  Hopefully I don't wander into Pioneer Square at night.

It didn't seem that bad, you would be fine down there at night. There are some great bars and restaurants, it just has some vagrants, near as I can tell.

I haven't been over to Redmond or anywhere on that side of the lake yet. 

Well I got offered the job I interviewed for last week, the PC Deployment one. I might pass though. It sounds less like what I want to do, even though it is hands on with PCs. I'd essentially be setting up computers, then walking people through policies and making sure all the programs they want are there. I'd still work here, but with a different contracting company. I don't want to be a contractor anymore, there is a weird divide between contracting and corporate employees with how we are treated and how we are paid/vacation/etc. We get boned. Plus it's $3/hour less. Need to decide by tomorrow....

7 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Well I got offered the job I interviewed for last week, the PC Deployment one. I might pass though. It sounds less like what I want to do, even though it is hands on with PCs. I'd essentially be setting up computers, then walking people through policies and making sure all the programs they want are there. I'd still work here, but with a different contracting company. I don't want to be a contractor anymore, there is a weird divide between contracting and corporate employees with how we are treated and how we are paid/vacation/etc. We get boned. Plus it's $3/hour less. Need to decide by tomorrow....

i'd say do it.  it's something different and it sounds like you need a change in your workday.  

7 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Jump.

If you are still working the same job you have been talking about for the past couple of years or so, it's time. Make that leap.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic