The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

There Will Be Blood is a serious 10/10 movie. Perfect storm of amazing acting, cinematography, directing, and music.

Really hope the OST finds it's way to vinyl soon.

The soundtrack is exactly what I hated about that movie. It was so over the top and ridiculous. I would have enjoyed that movie so much more if the soundtrack was a little more subdued. Great acting though!

i really enjoyed NCFOM, but TWBB was on a different level in my opinion.

I actually felt the same way until a couple years ago. I did a huge paper on it for a class and I ended up reading the book 3 times and watching the movie almost a dozen times in the course of a month. Normally that would make me HATE something, but every time I watched it I just loved it more.

Now I've got to schedule in a rewatch of both movies sometime during my October horror binge.

2007 was such a great year for film. Another soundtrack from 2007 that needs to be released on vinyl is The Assasination of Jesse James

As much as I want the soundtrack on vinyl, I REALLY want to see the original 4 hour director's cut. It's so long, slow, and dry but still so good that I demand to be able to watch the extra 80 minutes.

To tie it back to No Country, Roger Deakins really is the greatest cinematographer.

Guest realtalk

Regarding this conversation:

i thought if you bought four copies that you were almost guaranteed a variant...

is it just three copies?

There's no guarantee, they are randomly inserted, so that's not how probability works.

If 1/4 are variants, you're just buying 4 25% chances. You could buy ten and get all non-vars.

Has anyone ever not received a variant when purchasing two copies? I've bought two every time from The Beyond onward and I've always received one black one variant with two exceptions. Oblivion was variant only on their site so I only bought one and I missed the Maniac 2012 drop and purchased their last copy (according to their email) and received a variant.

that's coincidence, people have posted buying 4 copies and getting all black

I have over 10 friends and colleagues who, like me (and Whip Wilson above), have been ordering 2 copies ever since "The Beyond" was released. ALL of us ALWAYS get one black and one color copy.

All of the constant, regular posters in this thread don't know that or aren't telling.