The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

That's not necessarily true. A lot of their stuff isn't even printed when it goes on sale, so a good portion of the wait is a result of this. In my experience anything that is already printed (items from a gallery show for instance) ships within about a week. Earlier this year they were getting me stuff in-hand within 10 days of placing my order. The JP prints should already be printed if they had them for sale at the listening party so I wouldn't expect to have to wait all that long.

Since you seem to be the expert, how long ago did the Mitchell gallery extras go on sale (just so you don't have to look it up, May 6th is when I ordered)? Got 2 of those for someone and I still haven't received a shipping confirmation. Earlier this year it was well known they were caught up with their orders. That's why you were getting your items quicker. They have a very aggressive release schedule and can't handle it, haven't been able to for a while now. That's accepted fact and they've even admitted as such by internal efforts to improve shipping efficiency (which obviously hasn't completely corrected the issue). As the consumer, you just understand this and deal with it. That's all.

Also, they typically ship in order of their online drops which means you will not be getting your JP prints until after my Mitchell prints (and every other print that's been dropped since then) get shipped. However, Vinyl has been known in the past to skip the queue for whatever reason.

No Canus.  I ended up trading it for a Stout - Drive which was around equal value at that time.  Had the trade worked out before I got it and once I unrolled it to inspect for any potential damage, I immediately regretted agreeing to the deal because it's a thing of beauty.  Finally picked up another Canus recently during a fundraiser so all ended up well in the end.

That must have been tough as hell. The JPG of Canus did it absolutely no justice. I was able to score one on a trade for an extra Ghibli Howl's variant I had, and was totally caught off-guard when I unrolled it. Don't know why I should have expected any thing less from AH...

Since you seem to be the expert, how long ago did the Mitchell gallery extras go on sale (just so you don't have to look it up, May 6th is when I ordered)? Got 2 of those for someone and I still haven't received a shipping confirmation. Earlier this year it was well known they were caught up with their orders. That's why you were getting your items quicker. They have a very aggressive release schedule and can't handle it, haven't been able to for a while now. That's accepted fact and they've even admitted as such by internal efforts to improve shipping efficiency (which obviously hasn't completely corrected the issue). As the consumer, you just understand this and deal with it. That's all.

Also, they typically ship in order of their online drops which means you will not be getting your JP prints until after my Mitchell prints (and every other print that's been dropped since then) get shipped. However, Vinyl has been known in the past to skip the queue for whatever reason.

I've found all of the above to absolutely accurate. There's definitely some sort of a shipping queue, and it seems to have no regard for what is already printed and in-hand. I always assumed they have a few people separately dedicated to the vinyl shipping dept since they seem to get those out as soon as they're in-hand. Maybe Mo can chime in regarding that if he feels up to it...

Fact not opinion.

That must have been tough as hell. The JPG of Canus did it absolutely no justice. I was able to score one on a trade for an extra Ghibli Howl's variant I had, and was totally caught off-guard when I unrolled it. Don't know why I should have expected any thing less from AH...

I've found all of the above to absolutely accurate. There's definitely some sort of a shipping queue, and it seems to have no regard for what is already printed and in-hand. I always assumed they have a few people separately dedicated to the vinyl shipping dept since they seem to get those out as soon as they're in-hand. Maybe Mo can chime in regarding that if he feels up to it...

I know you're on EB so you know the shipping "queue" has been proven time and time again. I am curious as to why they seem to put priority (at times) on their LP shipping though?

Fact not opinion.

It is what it is. If the alternative is that they release a lesser amount of posters/OSTs, does that necessarily make things better for consumers? Debatable but they certainly couldn't cater to as many people's tastes as they currently do right now. You just get used to it. When I order something from Mondo, I just expect it will arrive in a month and a half and I'm never disappointed when that's about how long it takes.

It is what it is. If the alternative is that they release a lesser amount of posters/OSTs, does that necessarily make things better for consumers? Debatable but they certainly couldn't cater to as many people's tastes as they currently do right now. You just get used to it. When I order something from Mondo, I just expect it will arrive in a month and a half and I'm never disappointed when that's about how long it takes.

I couldn't agree more. Hence my last response.

This is the site where I got my Paranorman variant (Not the RSD version).

His distributer promised him RSD versions but ofcourse he received the normal ones.

After I told him I still was happy with the variant he opened one to see what version it was.

Again a variant.  So I think he's selling this version. £29,50

A good price for people in the UK and Europe.

You can always email them.

http://www.rhythmonline.co.uk/entry.php?albumid=244146

This is a great price, since it's gonna cost over £30 to buy a Paranorman on the Mondo site and have it shipped to the UK (plus taxes) anyway. Only reason I'm not buying it myself is that I have no means to clean off that residue.

I just checked for shipping costs (the last record I bought directly from Mondo was the Oblivion OST, got everything after that from amazon), postage to my place is $32 for one record. Have to rethink this now.

That's $25 + $7 shipping.  I heard this release is going to be $35 + $7 shipping.  Just for what it's worth.

I know this is a dumb question, would just hate if I fucked this up. Never ordered a record from the mondo site before, it's mondotees.com?

http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=19

Bingo.  Check that link between 11 and noon, EST.  You should have no problems.  I doubt that either version will sell out in the blink of an eye, but if you're after the amber and want to play it safe / save some time, I'd create an account right now and fill out the appropriate shipping info.

Bingo.  Check that link between 11 and noon, EST.  You should have no problems.  I doubt that either version will sell out in the blink of an eye, but if you're after the amber and want to play it safe / save some time, I'd create an account right now and fill out the appropriate shipping info.

Good call! Doing that now. So I'm trying to get the print and Amber version. Anybody have experience with the prints? Think I should go for that before the vinyl? Seeing as it's limited to 225 I doubt they're gonna last very long. 

Good call! Doing that now. So I'm trying to get the print and Amber version. Anybody have experience with the prints? Think I should go for that before the vinyl? Seeing as it's limited to 225 I doubt they're gonna last very long. 

You will need to spill blood if you want a print.  If you really care about securing one, there are great tips buried in this thread.  The limited ones sell out in just a few clicks.  And since that's the majority of them, you'll have to be on your toes for sure.  I'd go for a print first.