The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Guest deleted

I've had my damaged variants replaced with sealed variant copies in the past. They clearly have seperate piles.

Also, Mo said they help people who order multiple copies. How is that not the end of the argument??

Agree.

. Because you have people that order 2 and get both black.

How do people keep missing the common sense idea that when variants run out because they are supposedly rarer, that they would then give 2 black copies instead... because there would be no variants left??   :blink:

How do people keep missing the common sense idea that when variants run out because they are supposedly rarer, that they would then give 2 black copies instead... because there would be no variants left??   :blink:

Basically, the order two to guarantee a variant only works for so long from the release.

If there are only 300 copies of a specific variant. And 400 people order two copies.... obviously not 400 people are going to get one... 

But I know that people have ordered single copies of things and managed to pull variants.

So it's likely a system of like - 40% of the variants are set aside for people who order two copies.

and then the other 60% is 'truly random'.

Or some number - who knows.

Edit: though those numbers have to be wayyy off because I've seen retail stores that carry variants.

So maybe its like the first 40 people to order two get a variant. Or some weird system like that.

Point is if you're quick enough there seems to be pros to that method.

Anyone else waiting on a JP replacement get theirs yet? I sent mine back and it arrived on the 10th. Haven't heard back from Mondo yet.

I got my replacement shipment notification about four days after my defective copied arrived at Mondo. I also emailed them, letting them know that it arrived, so maybe try doing that.

Just confirmed by Mondo via twitter: no Looper vinyl at SDCC. Sounds like they are shooting for an August release.

Haha damn you're quick. I was the one who asked that. I'm definitely thrilled so we can all avoid Comic Con ebay scammers. Those guys are just as brutal as regular vinyl flippers. 

Haha damn you're quick. I was the one who asked that. I'm definitely thrilled so we can all avoid Comic Con ebay scammers. Those guys are just as brutal as regular vinyl flippers.

Unfortunately for us it sounds like they still plan on releasing something vinyl related. Gonna be real fun tracking one down for a decent prince!