The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Not a Mondo release but Looper related:

The song that JGL's character listens to on his turntable before going out to the Looper club (and which is played again over the end credits) is an old soul track called Powerful Love by Chuck and Mac. The Numero Group released the track after the movie came out on a 45 single which is still available. I just wanted to share in case anyone is interested in more than just the score.

image_zps5b92846c.jpg

Not a Mondo release but Looper related:

The song that JGL's character listens to on his turntable before going out to the Looper club (and which is played again over the end credits) is an old soul track called Powerful Love by Chuck and Mac. The Numero Group released the track after the movie came out on a 45 single which is still available. I just wanted to share in case anyone is interested in more than just the score.

image_zps5b92846c.jpg

Thanks for this.

What makes you cringe about it? Im not a print collector, so you'll have to ignore my ignorance.

It doesn't matter.  If you enjoy the way you framed it up, that's all that should matter.  Unless you plan on inviting over people who cringe over amateur frameups (which I expect is less than 0.00001% of society).

Guest deleted

Good, then we can all go by what they told me which is that it's entirely random.  

Your belief that it is entirely random has been shown to be not true.  Buying two copies directly from Mondo, early on, results in 1 black and 1 variant in many cases. (read back a few pages)  It may be partially random though, because that strategy apparently doesn't work for everyone.

It doesn't matter.  If you enjoy the way you framed it up, that's all that should matter.  Unless you plan on inviting over people who cringe over amateur frameups (which I expect is less than 0.00001% of society).

Funny you used that number when (conservatively) the odds of my orders getting 1 black, 1 variant near-consistently would be 0.000001%

aka - ridiculous odds!  Did you do that on purpose?   ;)

Idiots STILL going back and forth over the "randomness" of the variants, SMH

Never change

Yes, the mathematical odds of repeatedly getting 1 black and 1 variant most times really crushes the idea that it is totally random.

Definitely not random for some people, meaning its not entirely random.  FOR SURE.   :D

Your belief that it is entirely random has been shown to be not true.  Buying two copies directly from Mondo, early on, results in 1 black and 1 variant in many cases. (read back a few pages)  It may be partially random though, because that strategy apparently doesn't work for everyone.

Funny you used that number when (conservatively) the odds of my orders getting 1 black, 1 variant near-consistently would be 0.000001%

aka - ridiculous odds!  Did you do that on purpose?   ;)

Yes, the mathematical odds of repeatedly getting 1 black and 1 variant most times really crushes the idea that it is totally random.

Definitely not random for some people, meaning its not entirely random.  FOR SURE.   :D

So you're calling Mondo a liar then because that how they directly responded towards my inquiry on the matter.  "Entirely random" are their words, not mine.  Feel free to contact them about it.  Not everyone gets 1 black and 1 variant, you've just been ignoring all the people who post proof that challenges your theory.

Guest deleted

So you're calling Mondo a liar then because that how they directly responded towards my inquiry on the matter.  "Entirely random" are their words, not mine.  Feel free to contact them about it.  Not everyone gets 1 black and 1 variant, you've just been ignoring all the people who post proof that challenges your theory.

Your selective ignoring = ignorance.

Not calling Mondo a liar.  I feel they say random because of this (which you keep on selectively ignoring):

"This is why, I believe, Mondo says it is "random"... they try to make the fans who order early and directly by supplying 1 variant/1black, but stuff happens. Imagine saying if you order 2 you will get 1 variant/1 black and then for whatever reason they can't fulfill orders that way... hello shitstorm! Or if they still had online stock of the record, imagine all of the emails asking "is the variant sold out yet"?  It is likely that when they give out 1 variant/1 black for early orders, they run out of the variant earlier because it is more limited.  Later orders they would ship both black."

I'm not ignoring that it doesn't work for some people.  In the very post you quoted, I mention that this strategy does not seem to work for everyone.  You seem to be ignoring that in addition to myself and friends, a growing group of maybe 10 people on this board have also admitted to this strategy working for them.

Although my quote above on randomness is just a guess, the math is the strong argument.  You also are still ignoring the math (which, in fact, is a conservative number) and reveals that NO WAY is it entirely random.  

Perhaps random for some, definitely NOT RANDOM for others.  SO NOT ENTIRELY RANDOM. :D