The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I don't mean you specifically, others have said the same. Quik I thought was the first to mention it but I had you blocked for a while so who knows. At any rate, I agree with your take on what is (or at the very least what was) going on. 

In my experience it has worked every time with the exception of the big titles. Specifically Drive, JP and the very limited variant run of The Omen. I'm just adding some more data to the pile.

Guest deleted

I don't mean you specifically, others have said the same. Quik I thought was the first to mention it but I had you blocked for a while so who knows. At any rate, I agree with your take on what is (or at the very least what was) going on.

In my experience it has worked every time with the exception of the big titles. Specifically Drive, JP and the very limited variant run of The Omen. I'm just adding some more data to the pile.

Yes, it was definitely me who said it first. There were only 5 or so people who also admitted this (about 3 only very recently). And nobody said it repeatedly like me (despite many of the Mondo thread regulars attacking me every time - for trying to HELP OTHERS OUT!

Just glad that people who wanted a variant or who want it in the future may have success in doing so. :D

Made this same order and just got shipping notification about half an hour ago.

Same here, though mine is 1x A + 1x B.

Also, someone from the shipping department got back to me regarding the defective variant copy I got, they sent out a replacement, but didn't mention if the replacement is another colored copy or just "randomly" picked. Hoping for the former, but I fear it's most likely the latter.

Yes, it was definitely me who said it first. There were only 5 or so people who also admitted this (about 3 only very recently).

I've long been a promoter of the "buy two" method. It's worked out for me literally every single time aside from The Omen.

I've made this clear from the start of the conversation as well. Omen is the lone exception. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for everyone.

By "some folks have been saying this for a while", you clearly mean me since I was the first to openly admit this - got ridiculed and attacked repeatedly by many regular posters to this thread - for trying to help those who didn't know. 1 other guy way back also admitted it, and then like 5 or so other people mentioned it only very recently.

Very "tight-lipped" bunch!

This is why you should listen to motherfucking RealTalk/RealTruth/deathbydrums and STFU Timbrh!!!

This is why, I believe, Mondo says it is "random"... they try to make the fans who order early and directly by supplying 1 variant/1black, but stuff happens. Imagine saying if you order 2 you will get 1 variant/1 black and then for whatever reason they can't fulfill orders that way... hello shitstorm! Or if they still had online stock of the record, imagine all of the emails asking "is the variant sold out yet"?

I wouldn't consider it a dead strategy.

I should listen to you because your theory has been proven wrong how many times now? First of all, I don't collect Mondo vinyl and don't really give two shits about this silly game of collecting variants so I really don't care. I just prefer to give people as accurate information as possible, so when someone comes on here and says "I bought 4 copies and got all blacks" I can say, "oh hey look, it's obvious if you buy 2 it's not a guarantee you're getting a variant".

You can keep questioning me all you want though, I'm sure the others who have also been doing Mondo drops long enough enjoy the consistent LULZ you bring as well.

Oh and there was someone who had posted here that they bought multiple Drive copies and got all black. That was what? Their 5th release or so? So they definitely didn't start entirely randomizing during Omen.

Even if you contact them and ask them, they will tell you it's entirely random. Or should we just assume they're lying to everyone?

Guest deleted

I should listen to you because your theory has been proven wrong how many times now? First of all, I don't collect Mondo vinyl and don't really give two shits about this silly game of collecting variants so I really don't care. I just prefer to give people as accurate information as possible, so when someone comes on here and says "I bought 4 copies and got all blacks" I can say, "oh hey look, it's obvious if you buy 2 it's not a guarantee you're getting a variant".

You can keep questioning me all you want though, I'm sure the others who have also been doing Mondo drops long enough enjoy the consistent LULZ you bring as well.

Oh and there was someone who had posted here that they bought multiple Drive copies and got all black. That was what? Their 5th release or so? So they definitely didn't start entirely randomizing during Omen.

Even if you contact them and ask them, they will tell you it's entirely random. Or should we just assume they're lying to everyone?

People are correct that you would argue that the sky wasn't blue.

Either:

-You haven't read the last page

-You don't understand the words

-You are trolling

-You flip records and don't want this exposed

Trying to keep this simple for you as I can:

Look up the odds of flipping a coin 10 times and getting heads all ten times in a row. That would be WAY more likely than getting 1black/1variant 10x in a row since variants are not 50:50. The odds are SUPER SLIM of 10 heads in a row, way slimmer for 10 1black/1variant orders in a row.

(Odds=0.001% chance (rounded up to be generous and only using 50:50 odds instead of 33:66 or 1/3 variants)

Most times I actually do 2 orders of 2 and only in a few rare instances that others have also mentioned (e.g, Omen, irregular releases) have I not gotten 1 of each. So look up the odds of flipping 20 coins in a row. INSANELY IMPROBABLE but still WAY more likely than getting 20 1black/1variant orders in a row.

Odds=0.000001% (rounded up and using 50:50 variant ratio, again to be generous and for ease of understanding)

Factor in that a bunch of my friends also get this treatment as well as an emerging group of several people FINALLY admitting it here and there's just no way it is entirely random dude.

ACCEPT IT DUDE, YOU'RE DEAD WRONG TIMBRH. :D

Guest deleted

I've made this clear from the start of the conversation as well. Omen is the lone exception. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for everyone.

I know you admitted to repeatedly getting 1black/1variant about a month ago... but I'm referring to about a 1-2 years ago where I was first saying this. Only one other person admitted it at the time too... was that you? Was kinda wondering who this other person was? If so, props. If not, glad you finally came around! :)

I have a question: has anyone who ordered multiple copies received multiple variants? (ie. ordered 2 copies, and received 2 variants)

it seems to me that if this is truly "random", that while unlikely, this instance would happen at least once.

it's "random" as to whether you'll get a black or variant if you order a single copy

it may be "random" if you order 2 copies as to whether you'll get 1 black/1 variant vs. 2 black copies

it would surely be "random" if you purchased a copy from your local record shop

in my opinion, it seems like they do try to help people out who order more than one copy. thus not as "random" if you order more than one copy. (with there still being a chance that you'd end up with 2 black copies)

People are correct that you would argue that the sky wasn't blue.

Either:

-You haven't read the last page

-You don't understand the words

-You are trolling

-You flip records and don't want this exposed

Trying to keep this simple for you as I can:

Look up the odds of flipping a coin 10 times and getting heads all ten times in a row. That would be WAY more likely than getting 1black/1variant 10x in a row since variants are not 50:50. The odds are SUPER SLIM of 10 heads in a row, way slimmer for 10 1black/1variant orders in a row.

(Odds=0.001% chance (rounded up to be generous and only using 50:50 odds instead of 33:66 or 1/3 variants)

Most times I actually do 2 orders of 2 and only in a few rare instances that others have also mentioned (e.g, Omen, irregular releases) have I not gotten 1 of each. So look up the odds of flipping 20 coins in a row. INSANELY IMPROBABLE but still WAY more likely than getting 20 1black/1variant orders in a row.

Odds=0.000001% (rounded up and using 50:50 variant ratio, again to be generous and for ease of understanding)

Factor in that a bunch of my friends also get this treatment as well as an emerging group of several people FINALLY admitting it here and there's just no way it is entirely random dude.

ACCEPT IT DUDE, YOU'RE DEAD WRONG TIMBRH. :D

So the guy who buys 4 copies of Mondo records every release (you), isn't a flipper but the guy who sparingly orders Mondo records at a very infrequent rate (me) is a flipper. Didn't you get banned for trolling, hence why you're now real"truth"?

You're absolutely out of your fucking mind. Just keep ignoring the fact that people order multiple copies and get all blacks. That way you'll still convince yourself that you're right.

Keep listening to this guy and order multiple copies, just don't blame me when Mondo sticks you with all their worthless black copies and you've gotta head to the secondary market to buy a copy at an inflated price.

Has anyone tried contacting Mondo and asking them? I have and have been told directly from their own mouths it's entirely random and that they don't know what they're shipping out. They must be lying...