VC Mod Sign-Up Thread

384031_2836616399870_1393027360_3047103_

I have been in the running for Mod for a year now, I accept all previous and current nominations for my election as Moderator of VC. I shall act as an unbiased source of information regarding Vinyl Collective affairs, by providing my current and future lack of affiliation in regards to music labels, blogs, and other similar publishings. Vinyl Collective is a very different place now. For collectors hold in his mortal hands the power abolish all forms of collecting and all forms of flipping. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs of our forebears whom bought $5 7"s and $12 LPs while international shipping has always been an issue. -the belief that the rights of the board come not from the trolling of the boards, but from the hands of Juan. 

We dare not forget today that we are heirs to the first VC election. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to regular and newbie alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Vinyl Collective members—joining in this election, tempered by flippers, disciplined by a hard and bitter ban-hammer, proud of our dead formats—and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those countless Brand New & Blink 182 threads to which this Board has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.

Let every vinyl community know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price for the rarest variant, bear any burden of shipping, meet any PayPal hardship, support any member, troll any newbie, in order to assure the survival and the success of Vinyl Collective.

Finally, whether you are members of Vinyl Collective or posters on Absolute Punk, ask of us the same high standards of grammar and Ass Appreciation which we ask of you. With a high post counte our only sure reward, with Jenna the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the board we love, asking Her customer service and Her help, but knowing that here on Vinyl Collective SRC's work must truly be our own.

~Hipster As Mod '13

Highlights: Unaffiliated with music related sites/publishings/labels/etc. Ass Appreciation thread, the introduction of Shaq & RJ memes, and countless LOLworthy pictures/jokes/April fools threads.

Just remember, a vote not for Hipster is a vote for flippers across the interwebs!

First acts shall proceed in the following manner, removing Cassey's warning points, returning the smite buttons, and insta-lock for threads regarding information/collections for the following Brand New, Blink 182, and "How to clean your records." PS I out-like Scott by 10likes currently!

ScreenShot2012-07-12at94345PM.png

there should be some prerequisites for mod:

- no self-aggrandizing slogans, speeches, banners, or memes endorsing oneself.

- sandal owners are immediately disqualified from running for mod.

- over the age of 30 (men) or 26(women) and never attended a warp tour past the age of 22.

- must be a legal citizen of the US or Zamunda.

- must recite at least one ANAL CUNT song via video at a funeral oration or Quinceañera.

- must have a photo of you and RJ Crowder-Schaefer both fanning at least 10 $20 bills each.

Id be down to help out. I admin/mod on another IPboards, so i know my way around the mod panel. im also on here a lot (find myself on this board way too much these days to be honest, might as well do something productive with it and help out) and always find topics that need to be merged/renamed/moved but cant.

i try and give back to the community as much as possible, and help people out as much as a i can. never burned anyone on a trade/sale as my feedback shows and im going on 3 years here. 

basically, if i was a mod, id help out with keeping this place from not becoming cluttered, deleting span and marking spammers, and helping out people in the support forum as much as a i can. thats about it. nothing too crazy. 

let me know if you need the help. more than willing to step up and help out. 

I should be the mod because I am the mod master. Mod Master Rad, they call me. I'm cool, I'm smart, I'm better than everybody. I can do the mod. Everybody do the mod. No, wait. Just me do the mod RAD'S THE NAME, MODDING'S THE GAME. RAD 4 MOD!

I vote for Scott (as does everyone), but I feel like he'll just be like Juan, and I HATE my warning point.

I vote for Hipster, because, seriously, I'm in his campaign.

And if SRC were to trust me as a mod, I'd totally do it. I clearly have a reputation in these parts.

And while we're at it, Juan, you get one warning point for cyber bullying.

Ill throw my name in the running for this.

I am always around - at my computer all day.

I am generally fair.

I don't like spam.

I contribute a fair amount of news to the site.

This guy would be solid as would Travis. I already endorsed Scott. Rad has practically been begging to Mod for a year and I like persistence. 

I mean, if it isn't me there are plenty of solid folks volunteering. I support the idea of making sure it's someone with a solid post count and a good rep but it feels like that should go without saying.