i know i've said this before, but...

Yeah, I echo what Nicky said.  By all means, I hope you didn't read my last post as stop being a downer and sucking VC into your problems, because that's far from the case.  I've found that simply airing out dirty laundry - whether or not it receives insight or a response - is very cathartic.  So, truly; keep on keeping on.  It goes without saying that the community is here for you.

And also like Nicky said, it's pretty much your wife's complete abandonment and neglect of responsibility that riles me up.  I have a lot of things I could say and express on that subject, but I really don't have a place to do so.

Hey buddy, I know everyone here is looking out for you and keeping you in their thoughts, probably more than you know. I just want you to know that what you're doing is goddamned amazing. Taking on the role of sole parent to three kiddos takes a lot of guts, brains, and balls. Single parents don't get even a small portion of the credit that they deserve. Someday, when those little ones get older, they're going to think you're the biggest hero in the universe. I grew up with just my mom, so I could go on for days about how incredible she was doing everything by herself. If you ever need anything at all, there are a whole bunch of semi-strangers and foreign friends on here lookin out for you.

This thread bums me out. I can't believe there are people out there who would abandon their kids so easily... Stay strong man, you are truly being a hero.

pretty much this.  i couldn't possibly imagine leaving my daughter.  i go out and enjoy myself with friends from time to time, but i am always thinking about her.  it'd be hard on me if i had to be away from her for more than a day.

she doesn't deserve you guys.  from what you said you told them, you are helping them handle this the best way.  best of luck going forward.

last bump and i'm done with this 'poor me' bullshit.

no more talking about my failed marriage to strangers on the internet, but i feel i've strung you folks on long enough to at least give you this.

i'm drinking again tonight. but still no pot and no day drinking. that makes me 2 weeks clean off pot.

drank maybe 4 times in the past two weeks, after the kids went to bed during those particularly rough nights.

the 'wife' finally came clean tonight via text message, admitted she's been fucking the guy in question ever since 2 nights after she moved out.

which will be 2 weeks tomorrow.

needless to say i already knew this in my heart, and accepted it a long time ago, but she's continued to lie all this time, and honestly the lies hurt more than the cheating.

so many nights of begging for the truth, and her looking me straight in the eyes and telling me her lies were the honest truth.

last night she admitted to sleeping with him, but said only once, and only 3 days ago, and i still knew that was bullshit, but appreciated what little breadcrumb of honesty it really was.

i visited an attorney today for my initial consultation, which she didn't charge me for.

she told me, with whats happening and the information i had at that time, it would be best to wait things out.

she sees women do this all the time, and it's usually just them regretting the loss of their early 20s by having kids to early.

she compared it to a midlife crisis, and said she's probably just trying to find herself.

i felt comfortable with this and went out and spent $35 on white roses and a totally perfect 'for my wife' valentines card that said everything i wanted it to, plus the 'i forgive you, you'll always have a loving home with me and your children if/when you're ready' inside.

she spent the entire day today with me and the children. helped me clean. we went out to dinner as a family.

i asked her if she would give the kids a bath tonight so i could have a break from that particular ordeal, considering i've been doing literally all the parenting for as long as i can remember.

it set her off, she didn't want to, she started yelling uncontrollably in front of the children.

i left. went to a friends house down the street. avoided her for a good 2 hours. gave her a chance to do some real parenting and put the kids to bed.

even declined her spastic phone calls, much like the phone calls i've so reluctantly been doing to her over the past 2 weeks, that she has in turned denied as well, thinking i was giving her a taste of her own medicine.

i came back, made her sit down and listen to me once again tell her what she's done is wrong, and that she still has a chance to fix it.

i forgave her for 'fucking him once' (which i never really believed, but you know, take what you can get) and said these things happen and we can work through it.

she lied to my face like usual, and even gave me hope that she would think about it tonight, because tomorrow is valentines day and it would be symbolically perfect for her to come back and take that step.

as she drove off, i knew she had no real interest in reconsidering and just said it to shut me up so she could leave.

about 20 minutes later i got the big huge honest text spilling everything.

apparently they care for each other very deeply and she's already considered him her boyfriend.

even included that his cock is bigger and the sex is better.

(i laughed to myself at that, because she's rather loose after popping out 3 kids and a big cock is exactly what she needs.)

i was amazed at how any and all feelings for her immediately vanished upon hearing this.

i wasn't angry because i knew, and had known all along, but couldn't prove it and she just kept lying.

i'm going to call the attorney tomorrow and go ahead with the divorce.

i intend to blast her for adultery and abandonment, and request child support and a decent alimony based on her income.

it really all depends on what the attorneys think is the best decision.

i don't want to do this out of anger, i just want it to be handled appropriately and get what i deserve out of it all.

not sure how to handle the custody. i'm very conflicted about taking the children from her, esp. out of state.

the future for me in saint louis without help doesn't look bright, but i have to consider all options.

i was raised without my mother and i know what that did to me, and i've always promised myself not to let my children have to go through that.

i guess that's it.

thanks for being here for me, guys.

your support really has helped me a long, even if it's just words on the internet.

i won't pull the thread, because it never got as nasty as the last one, but i'd prefer if it didn't stay active for much longer.

thanks again. this community has been real good to me.

funny how the internet can effect real lives, considering i normally don't take it very seriously.

also sorry for anyone that's found disgust or disappointment from listening to me whine and bitch.

save all those texts for your attorney/court. like send them to your email incase your phone implodes or something.

Thought the same thing.

And just move on dude. You can do better. I don't know if you have but I'm sure a lot of us (myself included) have taken an ex back, and I think it fails 9 times out of 10. It's like dropping a glass on the floor. Maybe if it doesn't shatter too bad you can kinda glue it back together and make it into something that resembles a glass and holds together, but it's never the same thing you had before you dropped it. Better to just throw it away and buy a new one.

Hope that wasn't too cheesy an analogy.

St. Louis is five hours from me. I have kind-of filled my wife in about this, seeing as I sit on the boards alot. 

If you'd be interested in a night out and trust my wife with the kids, she said we can easily take a weekend trip to the Lou and let me and you go have bro-hangs.

Just planting the seed. PM me if you're down. 

Thought the same thing.

And just move on dude. You can do better. I don't know if you have but I'm sure a lot of us (myself included) have taken an ex back, and I think it fails 9 times out of 10. It's like dropping a glass on the floor. Maybe if it doesn't shatter too bad you can kinda glue it back together and make it into something that resembles a glass and holds together, but it's never the same thing you had before you dropped it. Better to just throw it away and buy a new one.

Hope that wasn't too cheesy an analogy.

I completely agree with this.  I got divorced and it turned out to be way better for me in the long run.  I am getting myself out of debt instead of getting into it worse and my current girlfriend is way better to me than the ex was.  There weren't any kids in the divorce so I can't say how that is but hopefully everything will work out even more for the better for you!

St. Louis is five hours from me. I have kind-of filled my wife in about this, seeing as I sit on the boards alot. 

If you'd be interested in a night out and trust my wife with the kids, she said we can easily take a weekend trip to the Lou and let me and you go have bro-hangs.

Just planting the seed. PM me if you're down. 

This is why the internet is fantastic. You're a stand-up dude, Casey.

Keep your chin up dude. She may not know it but sending you all this shit in text and yelling in front of the kids and all this other crap has basically sealed the deal for a super speedy divorce proceeding. I think if you can prove infidelity they grant the divorce like immediately. It also could make it a lot easier for you to keep the kids. Make sure you document everything and just talk to your lawyer about it all. Also hopefully there isn't a huge difference in income amount between you too. It would totally suck if she got benefits (alimony, you pay her child support, etc) if you make a lot more than she does.

I'm pretty sure mine lost it at the thought of having kids. She always kept telling me how having them would ruin her Vagina and rip it and shit.