Transit - Young New England

I'm a huge Transit fan, have been since about 2009. I've loved everything they've done so far but had the lowest expectations for this album after listening to the two released tracks. I listened to it once last night and have to say that I really enjoyed it. Not saying every track is great, but it's really different and catchy. Maybe as a "Transit release" I'm a little disappointed but I really don't know what else they could have put together as every album has been different than the last, and in a more softer direction.

I knew there'd be that guy...There will always be those people who hate to admit that maybe Listen and Forgive was their best album because it was intricate and still managed to be sonically appealing.

Eh, still a great album, which I don't "hate to admit" because I'll gladly state any popular or unpopular opinion I have. Just not the same Transit I love and know.

I like this album a lot so far. It doesn't sound like transit but just sounds like good pop rock. Even the title track people are shitting on is actually not as bad as people made it out to be. I hear a bit of a third eye blind feel with this album. I think I will like Listen and Forgive more but I definitely like it more than their early work.

Yeah a majority of this new album is Pop. I've seen this band lose more and more energy with every release since This Will Not Define Us. Disappointing. 

That being said, for what it is (a pop rock album), I still think it's decent. 

Totally agree. I even appreciate the song "Young New England". Props to them for taking chances. He does some cool vocal inflections on this record.

I really enjoy the two songs that they've released already, despite all the criticism. I will go into this open minded and see how I like it. As someone said, maybe you should listen to it as an album not a Transit album. If that makes any sense, just forget what they've done in the past, then make a decision.

I really enjoy the two songs that they've released already, despite all the criticism. I will go into this open minded and see how I like it. As someone said, maybe you should listen to it as an album not a Transit album. If that makes any sense, just forget what they've done in the past, then make a decision.

I did this as a Transit virgin. Never listened to them, but saw them live and figured I'd give them an honest shot with this new album. I'll give their older albums some play and see how I feel about the band, but this album is not for me.

To people that listened...

If we liked "Nothing Lasts Forever", will we love the album? If we did not like "Nothing Lasts Forever, will we dislike the album?

I liked "Nothing Lasts Forever" and like this album. That title track is just awkward, but I appreciate their attempts to branch out. Can't expect perfection all the time, you know?

Kind of hard when they say "Listen and Forgive" whenever they couldn't find anything better to say. Also their tracks made me think my speakers were dying because of poorly his vocals are

I did this as a Transit virgin. Never listened to them, but saw them live and figured I'd give them an honest shot with this new album. I'll give their older albums some play and see how I feel about the band, but this album is not for me.

fair enough. As I said, I do like the two songs they've released but have yet to listen to the whole album. Their previous stuff is great.