THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Whats with the Failure - Fantastic Planet records going for so much. I'm tempted to let go of mine for that money...

People obviously slept on it even though it was available for so long and it has quietly went OOP. Hence the stupid prices. It doesn't hurt that it's one of the best albums ever created. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200867117591

Totally incorrect info. Its a 2005 reissue(even shows the scat label) and they are all labeled 1/500.

The OG had 500 different covers for the 500 pieces. This was the first cover. When they reissued it they did covers 1 and 14. They were all numbered the same

Emailed this guy with this info, but based on his other price structures he wont care

Update: he actually lowered it from 1700 to 127 and said thanks for the info

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ccbbffoosshhoo/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Would love to own one of these but I am sure it's going to go for a ton of $$$$... I wonder how much they'll end up going for?

christ, two of those went up $30 while i was looking at them. i guess when i paid out the ass i got a steal, damn

^I believe that is a member on here that has a crazy crapload of Coheed memorabilia and stuff. She has a list and pictures of all her stuff. She was saying to send price requests but the one I wanted is up there, so I guess I didn't offer enough haha.

Way to much for that. I mean give me a break. At some point it starts to get ridiculous. 

The only thing I can conjecture is that people bid high early to entice the seller to keep the item listed. Other than that, I've got nothing.

good point. I have done this only one time before. forget what record is what on... but I had been watching it and there was only one bid at 99 cents. the seller took it down with a little over a day left. when they relisted it, I bid on it and used a dummy account to bid it up to like $5 or something. I ended up winning. for the life of me I can't remember what record it was but I remember it being a steal. I think the seller didn't list it properly in order to maximize exposure.

edit: now I remember. it was young widows IAOOYAL on red. got it for $5.50 with free shipping.

I bid early about half the time. Sometimes I just know the max I'll pay for something so I throw it up and let it ride. It kind of depends on the record.

don't you see how doing this allows someone else to bid you up? you might still win, but the idea is to get it as cheap as possible.