THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

It's not a "messed up version," it's just that it wasn't the color they were supposed to get that the pressing plant did before realizing their error. Technically it's the rarest variant of that album, and if you spend any amount of time on here you'll see what people pay for rare colors of vinyl. That saying, I'd be surprised if that person got even a third of their asking price.

oh, I didn't realize the color was the "mispress." I though it's labels were mixed up or something because it said "Played side A but didn't recognize the song". The description didn't make that clear or maybe I'm just slow…. or did it come with the wrong songs on it? I understand that rare variants are typically slightly more valuable to some but I'm more so asking if mispressed stuff (2 side A label/Missing label/Switched labels etc.) is considered desirable.

oh, I didn't realize the color was the "mispress." I though it's labels were mixed up or something because it said "Played side A but didn't recognize the song". The description didn't make that clear or maybe I'm just slow…. or did it come with the wrong songs on it? I understand that rare variants are typically slightly more valuable to some but I'm more so asking if mispressed stuff (2 side A label/Missing label/Switched labels etc.) is considered desirable.

"Mispress" could be whatever. Something about the press didn't turn out right. In most cases, whatever is wrong with the record doesn't necessarily make it more desirable. I know a few people on here had issues with some Brand New TDAGARIM records where the D side label was put on way off center and someone else had one with two of the same labels on different records. While it makes the record more unique if it's a mispress, those errors don't do a whole lot. In fact, the first one made that side of the record unplayable.

I can't think of another sort of mistake that would make a record more valuable. I wouldn't be crazy about misprinted labels or jackets...