THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Has anyone noticed the proliferation of USA sellers charging $10+ for single LP shipping to the USA? The few times I've sold records on eBay they wouldn't ebennlet me charge more than $4. Jesus Christ.

I think a lot of people get confused with how to ship records and what option to use. 

Has anyone noticed the proliferation of USA sellers charging $10+ for single LP shipping to the USA? The few times I've sold records on eBay they wouldn't ebennlet me charge more than $4. Jesus Christ.

I actually haven't noticed it, not that I buy many records on Ebay. But if I paid $10 for media mail shipping and the box showed up with a stamp on it for $4.22 I'd open a PayPal claim for the difference. On the other hand, if it's priority mail, coast to coast can cost $10+ by weight.

I actually haven't noticed it, not that I buy many records on Ebay. But if I paid $10 for media mail shipping and the box showed up with a stamp on it for $4.22 I'd open a PayPal claim for the difference. On the other hand, if it's priority mail, coast to coast can cost $10+ by weight.

Right. I emailed a seller who had all of their records listed with shipping at $11.25 and I asked them about it. The response was along the lines of "that's how much it costs so if you don't like it don't bid." Fair enough I guess. I just don't know why someone would want to ship an LP priority mail.

Right. I emailed a seller who had all of their records listed with shipping at $11.25 and I asked them about it. The response was along the lines of "that's how much it costs so if you don't like it don't bid." Fair enough I guess. I just don't know why someone would want to ship an LP priority mail.

Insurance. That way if anything goes wrong the seller is covered.

theres a glitch on some of the cell phone apps... i started listing some records using my cell (because i can just shoot the pic, and immediately pop it in, and not have to move it to the laptop first) and it defaults to priority for like 8-9 bucks despite being in the "record" category... and then when you do move it to media mail.. it drops the shipping to like $2.75 (which doesn't begin to cover shipping + mailer/inserts

theres a glitch on some of the cell phone apps... i started listing some records using my cell (because i can just shoot the pic, and immediately pop it in, and not have to move it to the laptop first) and it defaults to priority for like 8-9 bucks despite being in the "record" category... and then when you do move it to media mail.. it drops the shipping to like $2.75 (which doesn't begin to cover shipping + mailer/inserts

You have to change the shipping type to "flat" instead of "calculated." It's kind of hidden.

eBay only lets you change $4 flat rate for anything. Because eBay takes a cut of shipping charges, people up-charge the shipping to make a profit (obviously). To get around the $4 flat rate, you have to use "calculated shipping" and select a high weight value to drive up the rate. Pretty annoying, but it works.

Insurance. That way if anything goes wrong the seller is covered.

This seller was just claiming ignorance, but maybe.

People who complain that it cost $12 to ship a record: Please don't ever move outside of the USA. You will not be pleased

You're comment has no bearing on this conversation. I know we have comparitively cheap shipping in the USA as I import at least a quarter of my records, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be pissed if someone is trying to rip you off. I'm asking a question about the machination of listing a record on eBay and their shipping options. Not wingeing about how rough life is in America.

You have to change the shipping type to "flat" instead of "calculated." It's kind of hidden. eBay only lets you change $4 flat rate for anything. Because eBay takes a cut of shipping charges, people up-charge the shipping to make a profit (obviously). To get around the $4 flat rate, you have to use "calculated shipping" and select a high weight value to drive up the rate. Pretty annoying, but it works.

Thank you both for the explanations. Interesting. Cheers.

That's how much I charge but I use priority and delivery confirmation

not sure if this has been posted yet but lmao. offered him $20 with a nice little message along with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slipknot-Vol-3-The-Subliminal-Verses-Collectors-Ed-2x-LP-Vinyl-SEALED-MINT-/131154480854?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e896a8ed6

Amoeba still has these in stores.... wow.....