Hype Stickers On Plastic - Do You Keep Them?

derby625

98 members have voted

1. 1. If a new record you purchase has a hype sticker (Limited Edition, check out these tracks,etc), what do you do with it?

• Cut the shrink wrap to be able to get out the vinyl but leave the rest intact
    • Remove the shrink wrap, cut out the sticker to save, throw the rest away
    • Just trash it all

Just curious about how people handle all the hype stickers that come on their new purchases. In the past I used to junk them but now keeping that little bit is helpful in knowing special info about the release. It's a good way to keep track and know if it's limited edition (ie Limited edition of 300 on Orange!!), through where it was released (ie Hot Topic), the vinyl weight (180/140/etc), and cool tracks to highlight.

I now cut those stickers out (I don't keep the ones that say it comes with the MP3 coupon) and put them in the sleeve.

EDIT:

I also catalog everything of mine on discogs. This includes scanning the hype stickers as a historical reference for these releases like this one:

R-1672435-1360383203-3580.jpeg

I trash it all if I am going to open the release.  I have white labels I create that I put on their respective poly sleeves.  I also have a catalogue electronically.  Once you acquire over 5,000 records it's hard to keep track of things. 

This has "troll" written all over it.  Let's see the trade list!