The Brand New Thread

I've seen them 20+ times, and have never heard Logan. You know.. My favorite song off the album.

There are so many better songs that they could play on a regular basis if they would just fucking retire Jesus, Play Crack The Sky and Soco.

I am all for this.

Surprised so many people feel this way. The two songs being omitted are two of my favorites from the band, and the two y'all want included have always for some reason been my least favorites on the album (they're amazing songs though. I think they have ways been my lesset favorites because their energy doesn't really fit well intothe rest of the album in my opinion. They're very energetic and outward while I find the album to be more introverted and stagnant)

I completely disagree with you man, When Jesse sang "I'm just jealous cause you are young and in love" instead of "You're just jealous cause we're young and in love"  I had tears in my eyes.. The guitarist from my old band used to sing that song when we were 15 and practicing in my parents garage and it made me realize how old I really am...It is something that is going to stick with me for a really long time...

Totally understandable. I guess I just jumped on the BN bandwagon too late in the game (I knew that, though). Still thought that change in the lyrics was a nice touch.

Surprised so many people feel this way. The two songs being omitted are two of my favorites from the band, and the two y'all want included have always for some reason been my least favorites on the album (they're amazing songs though. I think they have ways been my lesset favorites because their energy doesn't really fit well into the rest of the album in my opinion. They're very energetic and outward while I find the album to be more introverted and stagnant)

I don't know about that. Have you listened to Sowing Season recently? At around 2:05 and onward I definitely wouldn't call it stagnant or introverted. I'd say the majority of the songs on that album start out slow, then increase tempo, then end as they began, which is exactly how You Won't Know is. Not The Sun on the other hand is more face paced, but I wouldn't say it sounds out of place on the album. Personally I think Handcuffs is my least favorite and fits into your description of introverted.

Haha handcuffs is my favorite track on the album. And I see your point about many songs on the album being like sewing season where there's an explosion of energy-- but to me, I've always still perceived introversion from those moments as well. For instance, the explosion in sowing season for me evokes feels of claustrophobia and banging fists on walls yelling at the universe, while more continually energetic songs like Not the Sun and Archer's evoke a sense of spacial stretch,, as though they're steadily chugging down a road with a destination in mind. I feel distancein them. I can't say the same for songs like limousine, Luca, etc. But that's just me.

Haha handcuffs is my favorite track on the album. And I see your point about many songs on the album being like sewing season where there's an explosion of energy-- but to me, I've always still perceived introversion from those moments as well. For instance, the explosion in sowing season for me evokes feels of claustrophobia and banging fists on walls yelling at the universe, while more continually energetic songs like Not the Sun and Archer's evoke a sense of spacial stretch,, as though they're steadily chugging down a road with a destination in mind. I feel distancein them. I can't say the same for songs like limousine, Luca, etc. But that's just me.

Pretty sure you're the first person I've ever seen say Handcuffs is their favorite song on the album.

degausser, you won't know, and because of their live show back in the day, welcome to bangkok as well, easily my tops. handcuffs is a great song on a flawless record.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...