I also had this happen to me a few days ago. I ordered the same record yesterday, using the same payment method, & had no issues this time.

Strange.  I hope that is the case with mine... the BB forums have tons of people with this problem, and alot of them never get their account working again.  Crossing my fingers :/

Has anyone had an order cancelled because BB "couldn't verify your information"? I thought maybe it was because I used paypal when I normally use a credit card, but I tried the cc and the order was cancelled again...

Got this last night. Had placed an order earlier that day too...

Got hit with this too. Even tried a new account just to make sure. Either there is a system problem, maybe stemming from them crossing into the new rewards program, or this is their kind way of putting a stop to code farming.

Were your orders cancelled with the new account you made?  Assuming you used the same payment method.

Alright, I think the gig may officially be up.  So I called Best Buy customer service to figure out why my orders for back-ordered items have been automatically cancelled the last two days (automatically, as in they get cancelled minutes after I place the order).  They told me that Best Buy just changed how they do back-ordered item orders.  They now automatically cancel any order for a back-ordered item because according to them, technically it's not in-stock and therefore there's no reason to keep the order open for 1-4 weeks.  If the item is, in fact, in-stock, the site should reflect that and allow you to place an order for the item.  This is a site-wide change, acccording to the rep I spoke with.  It doesn't just affect me, it's for everyone.  When I asked about how there have been times I've placed an order for a back-ordered item and it happened to ship for me, she didn't really have an answer for that except to say the policy has changed to auto-cancelling back-ordered items for everyone/everything.  I don't know if this is actually happening for other people (interested to hear about that) but I was assured it was not a unique thing to my account and was a very recent, site-wide policy change.  

And if people are still able to successfully place orders for back-ordered vinyl...I dunno.  I'm kinda bummed because now, due to this change in their system, I apparently don't have a shot at some of the harder-to-find vinyl that sometimes mysteriously ships.  Having a back-ordered item stay open for a few weeks sometimes gave BB time to get that item in and ship it.

I'm testing this out with a record I've never ordered before to see if my account was flagged...or if the rep was telling me the truth, and the system just simply hasn't updated every back-ordered item.

aaand the auto-cancel appears to only be working on specific records..and possibly specific records to my account.  So my initial post may be half-right, still not sure.  Which would be nice because there are several recs I'd love to see ship that are on back-order.