So lets just say I order records that I am 99% are going to cancel. Do they charge my card then? So, if they cancel I get credit and if they ship I get records that I have been looking for? Where's the downside to this...

HAHAHA! Welcome to this thread.  We've been doing this for like 9 months now.

But seriously, do they charge your card at the time of order or if/when they ship?

Sorta.  Its like they put a hold on your card for the purchase amount... it shows up on my online statements, but when cancelled it shows credited back.

But seriously, do they charge your card at the time of order or if/when they ship?

What's been happening for me is there is a pending charge put on my card at the time of order and then it drops off/disappears after 4 days or so, so if the order ends up being cancelled after 2 weeks or 4 weeks there is nothing to credit back. 

Hahaha. Wow.

So, I used three codes to order Kevin Devine's Bubblegum for 99 cents, but I accidentally ordered Bulldozer. Called customer service, they told me to order Bubblegum again, and they'll send me a 20 dollar coupon with that order. They're trusting me to cancel Bulldozer, but I may just keep that for 99 cents.

Now, I just realized this means I'm actually spending real money, but long run it'll probably save me money since I'm sure there's a record I'll want to buy eventually I'll use it for that I would have spent real money for anyways. 

Customer service guy was super nice as well.

had a record that was supposed to cancel tuesday and another wednesday but neither of them did. got cancellation emails for both today at the exact same time, I don't get it haha we'll see if I get 2 codes tomorrow or not

That happened to me a few days ago and I got two codes! So you should be good.