I had 7 items that I've been using in rotation for months now. 4 of those items became Sold Out Online over the weekend, and they were all 1-2 Backordered items. Now I only have 3 items left that I've been using and they're all 2-4 week Backorders. I'm pretty sure Best Buy went into my account and decided to specifically try to screw me over...haha

I had 7 items that I've been using in rotation for months now. 4 of those items became Sold Out Online over the weekend, and they were all 1-2 Backordered items. Now I only have 3 items left that I've been using and they're all 2-4 week Backorders. I'm pretty sure Best Buy went into my account and decided to specifically try to screw me over...haha

Are you receiving codes for each of those items that became Sold Out?

Are you receiving codes for each of those items that became Sold Out?

The orders are still pending so I would assume so....but those will be my last codes unless I find something else.

yeah, same for me. I had one cancel today and when I went to reorder it I noticed all of them were sold out online, even though I still have open orders for a couple of them. but it still seems like the codes will come when they're cancelled.

I think it might be game over.

Not sure about that...I'm curious if anyone else has received the e-mail titled "We're sorry - we had to cancel your backordered item" and still received a code.  The e-mail subject line is worded differently than I've seen before and those e-mails aren't saying anything about a discount code in them, which is new I believe.

Has anyone used codes on an order, had it cancel, gotten a replacement code & used it on a backordered item that also canceled? I got a replacement code today & want to use it on a backordered record but if the order gets canceled, do you receive another replacement code, or are you just screwed?

Not sure about that...I'm curious if anyone else has received the e-mail titled "We're sorry - we had to cancel your backordered item" and still received a code.  The e-mail subject line is worded differently than I've seen before and those e-mails aren't saying anything about a discount code in them, which is new I believe.

Yes, this has happened to me.  Last week I got a cancellation e-mail with no mention of a code.  A day or two later I got a code. 

At the time I assumed this happened because the item that was cancelled had switch to 'being sold out online' on the website while my order was still pending.

Their system is so sporadic and weird.  This could be the end... but people have literally been saying that for months and I keep getting codes.  So we shall see.

^ agreed. plus I got an email today with this as the subject:

We're sorry - we've had to cancel your backordered item but a discount is coming

so they're still coming haha

I think the email with no mention of codes is when it gets cancelled before the backordered period ends (like if they make it no longer available online) and you get the email I got today if it makes it to the end of the backordered period. so I don't think it's done yet, but they are getting smarter and figuring it out haha

I think the email with no mention of codes is when it gets cancelled before the backordered period ends (like if they make it no longer available online) and you get the email I got today if it makes it to the end of the backordered period. so I don't think it's done yet, but they are getting smarter and figuring it out haha

Good theory, as that's exactly what happened on two items for me recently.  However, the cancelled e-mail I got today for the Dead Weather - Horehound didn't mention a code, and while it cancelled earlier than I thought, its still available online.

Just got a few cancelation emails with no mention of a code.

Me too- but the code still came a day later like clockwork!

Nope!

the cancelled e-mail I got today for the Dead Weather - Horehound didn't mention a code, and while it cancelled earlier than I thought, its still available online.

Code came today.  I'm fairly confident this title is a good one to use as it cancelled for me.  Also, its a 1-2 week backordered.

... now lets all watch it go straight to the top of the vinyl best seller list! Ha!

Me too- but the code still came a day later like clockwork!

Nope!

Code came today.  I'm fairly confident this title is a good one to use as it cancelled for me.  Also, its a 1-2 week backordered.

... now lets all watch it go straight to the top of the vinyl best seller list! Ha!

It's now sold out lol.

Even though this is still technically working, it looks like we've finally killed the goose that lays the golden eggs. Every record I would normally use has been listed as Sold Out Online as soon as the most recent cancellations have hit, and it sounds like its that way for everyone else.

It was fun while it lasted.