Walt Disney / Disneyland Records - What needs to be pressed?

maybe i didn't word it well enough. i didn't say it was a bad thing, in fact, like i have said so many times before, whatever furthers the format, is ultimately good for the longevity of the format. we all get to choose what we buy ourselves. i would never buy a $50 blink 182 record, but it's mostly because i would never buy a blink 182 record. i can't deny people like them and then i guess they should be in print. there's a lot of records i would like to see on vinyl that there probably isn't enough demand for... those aren't any more deserving of a pressing. everyone has a different taste and people need to respect that, but i really was just making an observation as to what motivates a lot of people to buy. at the end of the day, i don't really care what motivates person A or person Y to buy vinyl, as long as people are still buying it.

but i will say, the fuckin $30/$50 limited edition preorder reissues have got to go. make a rare variant, i don't care, but at least make a black version stay in print for demand for the people who want it but aren't savvy to vinyl message boards. after all vinyl predates internet.

Alright... this makes way more sense. Thank you! And while I am a culprit, I do agree that the super expensive re-issues are ridiculous. I have done my best to boycott them but some albums I must have. TOYPAJ was one of the hardest things to order, but I just came into some extra money and What Went Wrong is still one of my favorite Blink songs (once again, I know not your style but in any case). I love FatWrek's/SubPop's idea of making records... small amount of pre-order gets color and everything else is in print black. It's genius and should be used more often.

All three of these are available in Japan. They are on eBay usually for 10 dollars and 13 to ship. A repress would be nice but at that price they clearly aren't in high demand. I own all 3 (and beauty and the beast) and they are amazing!

Oh really? I need to grab them for my girlfriend, thanks!

Good prices but I'm pretty sure the ones coming out of Korea are boots. Still probably decent sounding compared to the legit releases, maybe better for all I know, but I'd rather go for the real licensed pressings.

I don't have links to any of those offhand but the artwork is certainly different. The Koreans can make some very good and "legit" looking product, have been doing so for decades. But almost none of it is actually licensed or sanctioned by the original production company, in this case Disney.

Good prices but I'm pretty sure the ones coming out of Korea are boots. Still probably decent sounding compared to the legit releases, maybe better for all I know, but I'd rather go for the real licensed pressings.

I don't have links to any of those offhand but the artwork is certainly different. The Koreans can make some very good and "legit" looking product, have been doing so for decades. But almost none of it is actually licensed or sanctioned by the original production company, in this case Disney.

I'm pretty sure these were Disney Liscensed pressings... I need to verify when I get home but I'm almost positive they were licensed through Disney... I could be wrong. I've never once seen an actual pressing of these SOUNDTRACKS... I've seen the storybook pressings, but not the actual soundtrack.

I own a copy of the Peter Pan soundtrack that I found for $2 at an F.Y.E. once, as well as a 3xLP set of the symphony recordings they used in the original Fantasia. The records sound great, and the packaging had a 16-page book of concept drawings for the animation sequences. That's a fantastic record to have, if you ever get the chance.

That being said, I wouldn't mind having the music they play as background music in the theme parks. That stuff is so epic, for lack of a better word. Like, every song they play makes walking around in those parks feel like an adventure. Maybe not on vinyl, but it would still be cool to have those songs.

The Aristocats

Mulan

Beauty & The Beast

James & The Giant Peach

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

Hercules

Nightmare Before Christmas

-TV Themes Compilation with Darkwing Duck/Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers/Duck Tales/Tale Spin

-Also, I'm not sure who has rights to the music from the Disney video games (I think they were made by Capcom) but it would be cool to hear some techno remixes from the games.

definitely definitely definitely the aristocats. ive been trying to find a copy in person for so long but i just havent had the nerve to order one online.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALT-DISNEYS-THE-ARISTOCATS-EXTENDED-PLAY-SEALED-VINYL-/120764718024

Also, I didn't really enjoy the Tarzan soundtrack all that much. I'm not that big of a Phil Collins fan.