Walt Disney / Disneyland Records - What needs to be pressed?

Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Aladdin would be awesome

All three of these are available in Japan. They are on eBay usually for 10 dollars and 13 to ship. A repress would be nice but at that price they clearly aren't in high demand. I own all 3 (and beauty and the beast) and they are amazing!

All three of these are available in Japan. They are on eBay usually for 10 dollars and 13 to ship. A repress would be nice but at that price they clearly aren't in high demand. I own all 3 (and beauty and the beast) and they are amazing!

I've been looking for a while and I most certainly have not ever seen them that low.

I still think I'd rather get the originals even if a repress was out. With the exception of the lion king picture disc, shit's rad. Hell, make them all picture discs and you've sold me.

I've been looking for a while and I most certainly have not ever seen them that low.

I still think I'd rather get the originals even if a repress was out. With the exception of the lion king picture disc, shit's rad. Hell, make them all picture discs and you've sold me.

Little Mermaid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walt-Disney-The-Little-Mermaid-LP-Printed-in-Korea-/271138460398?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f211c92ee

Aladdin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/disney-ALADDIN-92-KOREA-LP-12-TIM-RICE-alan-menken-REGINA-BELLE-soundtrack-/370761821848?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5653206e98

Lion King (not BIN):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-LION-KING-ORIGINAL-MOTION-PICTURE-SOUNDTRACK-1994-LP-PICTURE-W-IN-Promo-/200903916970?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2ec6ce7daa

Suicide Machines - Destruction by Definition

You know I need that Lion King Vinyl. 

If I could I'd blast "Circle of Life" every-time I walked into a room anywhere so people would know I had fucking arrived. 

There is also a 7" of "can you feel the love tonight" that you could blast when you're getting it on so the woman knows your the Fuckin' King!!!!!

I'll be the only cynical asshole so far and ask, is this thread for real?!?! What is going on here?!?!

i'm convinced that a good 80% of VC love the idea of vinyl and just want to see everything they like or are nostalgic for on vinyl. it doesn't matter if it's good music or music at all, it just has to be on vinyl. if there was a preorder launched today of everyone's favorite nfl team's logo etched into split team color vinyl, i bet they'd sell pretty well.

i'm convinced that a good 80% of VC love the idea of vinyl and just want to see everything they like or are nostalgic for on vinyl. it doesn't matter if it's good music or music at all, it just has to be on vinyl. if there was a preorder launched today of everyone's favorite nfl team's logo etched into split team color vinyl, i bet they'd sell pretty well.

Just curious as to why it is bad to want something on vinyl? I believe it was someone on here who very simply put it: If there is demand for it, it should be in print. Wouldn't we want more of anything to be on Vinyl as Vinyl collectors? I completely understand your point and while I can see quite a bit of validity in it, but what is wrong simply wanting it or having it pressed? Will having a Disney soundtrack pressed make some new up and coming band on an up and coming small label have less success? I don't see the rational in that... if anything, it will spark more of a surge in Vinyl sales causing more things to get the wax treatment. IF it could be proven that by pressing something old "nostalgic, if you will" would physically hurt sales of a new album by a new artist, then I would be inclined to support your stance but if it doesn't hurt it then why not?

Also, I love Dreamover and the fact that you stand for what you believe in. I've purchased a few of the Zao records for a friend and he loves them. I would just like to know what is so wrong with re-issues of things that people would want? 

if there was a preorder launched today of everyone's favorite nfl team's logo etched into split team color vinyl, i bet they'd sell pretty well.

There's your million dollar idea. But only if they contain the old team fight songs from way back when. And these old-school logos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23481859@N03/sets/72157632363517385/with/8393179839/

But yeah... I'd totally buy Newsies.

ive tried three times but hollywood records has an exclusive vinyl deal with fontana who generally only release classic rock stuff. I tried to convince the head of the company to license it to use since there is almost no chance that fontana would put that one out but alas no luck. 

Just curious as to why it is bad to want something on vinyl? I believe it was someone on here who very simply put it: If there is demand for it, it should be in print. Wouldn't we want more of anything to be on Vinyl as Vinyl collectors? I completely understand your point and while I can see quite a bit of validity in it, but what is wrong simply wanting it or having it pressed? Will having a Disney soundtrack pressed make some new up and coming band on an up and coming small label have less success? I don't see the rational in that... if anything, it will spark more of a surge in Vinyl sales causing more things to get the wax treatment. IF it could be proven that by pressing something old "nostalgic, if you will" would physically hurt sales of a new album by a new artist, then I would be inclined to support your stance but if it doesn't hurt it then why not?

Also, I love Dreamover and the fact that you stand for what you believe in. I've purchased a few of the Zao records for a friend and he loves them. I would just like to know what is so wrong with re-issues of things that people would want? 

maybe i didn't word it well enough. i didn't say it was a bad thing, in fact, like i have said so many times before, whatever furthers the format, is ultimately good for the longevity of the format. we all get to choose what we buy ourselves. i would never buy a $50 blink 182 record, but it's mostly because i would never buy a blink 182 record. i can't deny people like them and then i guess they should be in print. there's a lot of records i would like to see on vinyl that there probably isn't enough demand for... those aren't any more deserving of a pressing. everyone has a different taste and people need to respect that, but i really was just making an observation as to what motivates a lot of people to buy. at the end of the day, i don't really care what motivates person A or person Y to buy vinyl, as long as people are still buying it.

but i will say, the fuckin $30/$50 limited edition preorder reissues have got to go. make a rare variant, i don't care, but at least make a black version stay in print for demand for the people who want it but aren't savvy to vinyl message boards. after all vinyl predates internet.

There's your million dollar idea. But only if they contain the old team fight songs from way back when. And these old-school logos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23481859@N03/sets/72157632363517385/with/8393179839/

But yeah... I'd totally buy Newsies.

just registered balls, bats, and hockey puck records.