Topics getting locked

Since we've had two new moderators, I've noticed tons more topics getting locked, and some, seemingly for no reason.

Not that I really care about this specific topic, but as an example... why did this one get locked?

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86633-has-the-vinyl-revival-gone-too-far/

Sometimes a police officer lets you off with a warning for doing 5 over, but when you get caught doing 25 over you know you are getting a ticket.

There might be a judgement call with something that is kinda funny / enjoyable and something that is just a nuisance. I don't think we really need to score their ability to judge what should be locked and what shouldn't. They are doing fine.

But in seriousness.

Usually a topic will get locked because it's either a nuisance or duplicate. That's the majority of the time. I usually try to include a reason for locking when doing so.

You also to bear in mind that us mods, like most other people on the boards, don't go into each and every single thread posted to see what's going and get involved. If there is a thread that should be locked or looked at to make that decision, then shit, just report the damn thing. Every other type of issue gets reported anyways.

Dooooooooooooo it!!!!