Record Store Day

Guest Fredneck

Hittin' Sound It Out records this year for RSD, they are also having a huge party and in-stores during the day and have booked out the local club for bands on the night, can't wait, although the down side is cueing they open at 8am, I got there at 7am last year and the cue was already around the corner, they have advised me if I want everything on my list to get their for no later than 5am because everyone will be heading down straight to the store after the 4am closing time at the clubs, crazy stuff.

Pfft line. I'm showing as the store is about to open punk first person in line in the face. Then tell everyone in line if they have a problem with that then to bad. Then go into store and buy everything up and flip on eBay.

Shit man, if you're going to hog wild I'm just gonna causally follow right behind you. Thanks for volunteering to do all the heavy lifting :)

I'm avoiding Amoeba like the plague and gonna hit up Vacation and Backside instead.

Drew - there is one album that is going to be exclusive to Vacation that I'm looking for, but I doubt I'll make it down to LA. Can you assist me? I'll gladly reimburse for your efforts and ease the pain of fuel costs/traffic!

Anyone near the Riverside/San Bernardino, CA area and have any suggestions of where to go where I will be able to get stuff without having to deal with madness? I was able to get the 20th as vacation time at work.

Mad Platter in Riverside or Rhino Records in Claremont 

Hittin' Sound It Out records this year for RSD, they are also having a huge party and in-stores during the day and have booked out the local club for bands on the night, can't wait, although the down side is cueing they open at 8am, I got there at 7am last year and the cue was already around the corner, they have advised me if I want everything on my list to get their for no later than 5am because everyone will be heading down straight to the store after the 4am closing time at the clubs, crazy stuff.

Are you on about Sound It Out in Stockton-on-Tees in the UK?

Last year I went early enough (maybe a half hour before opening) to be the 2nd person in line. Busted in, was the first person to the shelves... AAAAAAAAAANNNNDDD they didn't have any of the 5 releases I was looking for. I hate living in stupid hippie WA sometimes. GIMME SOME PUNK RAWK!