Boston Marathon Explosions

I'm sure it will be on youtube in a few minutes. Was making some convoluted point about how he would personally torture the suspect given the chance (I'm sure many of us would) but as a state senator, he couldn't answer any reasonable questions posed about how inherently unamerican (and illegal) that is, then went on to insult Piers for being British, claim all the President does is play basketball and golf, and challenged Piers to an arm wrestling match in less than 3 minutes. 

I'm sure it will be on youtube in a few minutes. Was making some convoluted point about how he would personally torture the suspect given the chance (I'm sure many of us would) but as a state senator, he couldn't answer any reasonable questions posed about how inherently unamerican (and illegal) that is, then went on to insult Piers for being British, claim all the President does is play basketball and golf, and challenged Piers to an arm wrestling match in less than 3 minutes. 

jesus fuck.....i cant even......

You can see it on CNN.com. Piers is an ass but this guy is the definition of douche. Heres a wikipedia excerpt. Wonder who he takes a shot at...I'll highlight the hint.

Gregory R. Ball is an American politician, business executive, former active duty Air Force officer and member of the New York State Senate. He is a resident of Carmel, New York, and is U.S.-born.

EDIT: Maybe I'm reading into too much. Whatever.

I'll be the lone fan girl. I adore Amanda Palmer. From Dresden dolls all the way to her solo stuff. From being naked for no apparent reason to crowd sourcing her album/tour. I think she is a genius and the coolest bitch in music.

Thread derailment over.

She spends a little too much time equating, or hoping people will equate, esoteric and unconventional with genius.

I guess that sort of implies some negativity towards you, which I don't mean, I just don't see the appeal, or frankly, the talent. Or at least talent deserving of the word "genius". I'm happy to check out some more material, what is her best work?

Don't say that poem. If you say that poem my negativity will be explict. 

Dresden Dolls had some decent songs, but I find her to be a pretentious, contrived, self-serving artiste. Like, her grand statement is that "you have to accept me, because what I'm doing is ART," as if that's somehow noble or important in and of itself. She's not the only one, but as one of my friends put it, she's another person "marooned on the Isle of Me," and it bugs me, but not as much as the painters, musicians, and (UGH) photographers I know personally that are the same way.

Moving on!

I think it's really interesting how people of different political ideologies have taken this event. It seems like people on this board have taken the subsequent manhunt/capture a lot more positively than some people I know. I've seen/heard a lot of talk about how it's chilling that the government can declare martial law like that, and how the police bungled the search altogether.

And I've heard oh.so.much.conspiracy.bullshit.