Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

What is the point of posting this? I'm simply trying to make sure my order has actually gone through and keeping others posted who are dealing with the same issues what I've been hearing. I've never dealt with customer service that is this misleading and inconsistent. $35 for shipping is A LOT of money and $100 (despite being a great deal) is STILL $100 any way you slice it. Maybe it's not a lot of money to you... who knows. No need to be condescending. 

The point of posting it was to call you out for being damn impatient.

The point of posting it was to call you out for being damn impatient.

The site specifically states that orders will go out in 48 hours. If they said orders will ship out a week later I wouldn't have thought twice about checking in on it. When the Cake website specifically goes out of it's way to justify the extra shipping expense by way of pointing out the tracking system and the website isn't able to offer me any way to actually track the whereabouts of my shipment I'm going to call into question what exactly I'm paying the extra expense for. 

The site specifically states that orders will go out in 48 hours. If they said orders will ship out a week later I wouldn't have thought twice about checking in on it. When the Cake website specifically goes out of it's way to justify the extra shipping expense by way of pointing out the tracking system and the website isn't able to offer me any way to actually track the whereabouts of my shipment I'm going to call into question what exactly I'm paying the extra expense for. 

I guess I'm too used to paying $15 CAD to ship a single LP, that $35 did not sound like an extra shipping expense for an 8LP boxset. 

I'm just excited to get the box for this amazing price, regardless of when is ships. 

To each their own.

(Also, I was harsh since your first post was a nice long complaint.... welcome to the boards, you will fit right in!)

I guess I'm too used to paying $15 CAD to ship a single LP, that $35 did not sound like an extra shipping expense for an 8LP boxset. 

I'm just excited to get the box for this amazing price, regardless of when is ships. 

To each their own.

(Also, I was harsh since your first post was a nice long complaint.... welcome to the boards, you will fit right in!)

Shipping to Canada for me was $59.99.  If you paid less than that, I have some phone calls to make.

Yes, that's what I paid .. another reason why I found it funny that he considered $35 extra expensive

Dine Alone is charging $7 for media mail on the 2nd run of the AOF boxsets. So $35 is a bit much. But that's pretty much what anyone who got this in a store on RSD paid ($135 or more) so I didn't think twice about it being too much.

I got my box set in the mail yesterday but the packaging box and box set itself are pretty badly banged up/crushed especially on the corners.  I'm attempting to contact them to see what we can do about this. They did bubble wrap it but the box was a little too big for it still and is probably why it got damaged. Mine only took about 3-4 days to get here though. Hopefully I can get a replacement outer box or something... I haven't even opened it to inspect the records themselves so hopefully this doesn't mean the jackets are wrecked also. Not really impressed for $40 shipping. I could've easily packaged this better than they did.

I'll repost if and when I hear anything back.

Yes, that's what I paid .. another reason why I found it funny that he considered $35 extra expensive

No the shipping price was super expensive. From my experience this thing probably cost $15 to ship via Priority in the states depending on what part of the country you live in. Maybe $35 to Canada is more realistic? So they are pocketing around $20/box which I wouldn't care about except that they pretended that the extra $$ was going into super protected signed delivery which wasn't true. They should have just sold them for a flat $135/shipped and this wouldn't even be an issue.

No the shipping price was super expensive. From my experience this thing probably cost $15 to ship via Priority in the states depending on what part of the country you live in. Maybe $35 to Canada is more realistic? So they are pocketing around $20/box which I wouldn't care about except that they pretended that the extra $$ was going into super protected signed delivery which wasn't true. They should have just sold them for a flat $135/shipped and this wouldn't even be an issue.

.... because boxes, bubble wrap, employees to work, warehouses to store and pack the records are all free?

There are additional costs outside of the price on the shipping sticker.

On an unrelated note.. does anyone remember mail-ordering stuff from bands? Ya know, where you would put your money-order in an envelope and wait 3 weeks before they even got your order, let alone shipped it out?

.... because boxes, bubble wrap, employees to work, warehouses to store and pack the records are all free?

There are additional costs outside of the price on the shipping sticker.

On an unrelated note.. does anyone remember mail-ordering stuff from bands? Ya know, where you would put your money-order in an envelope and wait 3 weeks before they even got your order, let alone shipped it out?

Yes! When I was a young teenager in the mid-90's, I remember just writing to labels for a catalog, and they would send you back a catalog with a ton of stickers and random stuff.  I believe Sub Pop and Epitaph were great about it.  Wonder if they still do that kind of stuff...

Remember having to walk 5 miles barefoot in the snow just to get to the bus stop?  That shit was brutal.  This waiting a few weeks for a record thing is cake.  Pun intended.

Just got mine. Heavy. Beautiful. Fashion Nugget has a bubbled center sticker. I called theConnextion. My main concern is that nothing skips. Got another record from someone today that skipped.

...and Daria just skipped at the end.

Someone else complained about a bubbled label and it was a two labels on top of each other. They were able to peel the top one off without damaging the one underneith. Maybe worth a try, although I would be hesitant.