PO: Palms - S/T (Chino Moreno + ex-Isis members)

• 2 weeks later...

That hobby's a pain in the ass for Intl ppl...

Especiaily when it's Conspiracy Records, Golden Antenna, Midium, Doognad, Burning World, Revolvermann, and burningshed, etc etc etc... for us USA people unless they work with a US distro.  Love them all/  works both ways on the int'l shipping $$$ hit.

Yeah, ...the HOBBY :)

Thanks for the link, had to order that clear version.

Still not sure what i think of the album... There is something weird about the production. Chinos vocals almost hurt my ears when listening in high volumes. Hope the vinyl sounds better.

I've only played my Red copy, and it sounds fantastic. Either I got lucky per other people's negative reports on the thread here, or my ears don't know squat.  I kept squawking for more Caxide, and normally my earbuds and sound card are great on the lows (and his high-lows), but the vinyl is SO much better in comparision. So I'm not squawking anymore...these guys know what they're doing.

I love this album more and more every play, and I wasn't a huge Chino fan before, not bad, just not smitten.  From Oceanic on, though, I am ISIS smitten.

Thanks for the link, had to order that clear version.

Still not sure what i think of the album... There is something weird about the production. Chinos vocals almost hurt my ears when listening in high volumes. Hope the vinyl sounds better.

I found the production a bit off too. It does not sound well turned up. It's very compressed.

I've only played my Red copy, and it sounds fantastic. Either I got lucky per other people's negative reports on the thread here, or my ears don't know squat.  I kept squawking for more Caxide, and normally my earbuds and sound card are great on the lows (and his high-lows), but the vinyl is SO much better in comparision. So I'm not squawking anymore...these guys know what they're doing.

I love this album more and more every play, and I wasn't a huge Chino fan before, not bad, just not smitten.  From Oceanic on, though, I am ISIS smitten.

Not a fan of Celestials?!

Celestial has its moments for me, no doubt. Wouldn't kick it out of bed ;)  just not smitten through and through.

Seems like a transitional album, to me (very late to the ISIS party) and going from start to finish, then finish backwards through all their releases.  My tastes have changed with time and who knows, the nuances that others appreciate, I will eventually. Or, it's just the sledgehammer of sound appeal that eventually may come along.  Glad the re-issue came out. I've been following that and it got me listening to earlier stuff of theirs again.  Enough about ISIS, this is Palms thread, and someone posted they got their black tape, so RE is shipping out, that's good news :)  They'll get here soon enough  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

palms-tape-yellow-600px-web.jpg

Looks like we miscounted how many PALMS tapes we received, and some straggling copies are actually still available in our Online Store:

https://www.roboticempire.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&keyword=Palms

Muchas Gracias! And while I was there I picked up a couple of distro titles from far away places :)  

And thanks always for great shipping prices.