Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Has anyone noticed that getting stuff the last few weeks has moved to a snails pace?  I'm still waiting on a few Black Friday deliveries that USPS is taking their sweeeet time on delivering to me.  I realize they're busier than normal due to the holiday gift buying season but God damn can't a brotha get a record shipped in under 2 weeks? 

:D

Ok, I'll ask a yes or no question. By getting to the bottom of it, does this mean I should file a domestic claim?

I didn't have insurance on the package, so I don't see what good this will do. I found that to be my only option once visiting the website. 

Worth a shot but I don't think they'll really do anything if you didn't purchase insurance :/

Has anyone noticed that getting stuff the last few weeks has moved to a snails pace? I'm still waiting on a few Black Friday deliveries that USPS is taking their sweeeet time on delivering to me. I realize they're busier than normal due to the holiday gift buying season but God damn can't a brotha get a record shipped in under 2 weeks?

I have... My RSD preorders took a while to deliver.. In fact, I ordered from a store an hour away from me in NJ and it took 11 days to deliver it, including sitting in Jersey City for maybe 6 days!!! Unbelievable how inefficient USPS has become. And it's not just records and media mail, etc. I sent a poster via Priority Mail from NJ to AL on 12/5 and it got delivered 12/13! Grrr...

I know it's the holidays but it seems much worse this year.

7 days.?!  Really.  Media mail is at least 10-14 days plus more this time of year.  

Note: I just went thru the same exact thing on ebay as a seller on a package sent 9/1.   The tracking info just disappeared from the web site by 10/1, the buyer said they didn't get the item, paypal and ebay took my money for a refund for the buyer.  I lost all the way around, the single, the purchase price and the mailing cost (free ebay shipping).   The MRC does nothing.   Insurance, what a waste.  They busted  the $60 dustcover on a TT delivery that was insured and shipped Priority.  I had to send another cover costing $60 + another $15 shipping.  After filing a claim, on-line and by mail, got a non-negotiable check for $48 in 30 days.  

Hey guys, 

Need some advice. I've always seemed to have good luck (sending and receiving) using USPS. Well, I feel like my luck has finally run out. I sent a record out on 12/9 media mail with tracking and it hasn't moved from " Acceptance Round Rock, TX 12/9/13 1:54pm" & then "Dispatched to Sort Facility Round Rock, TX 12/9/13 9:13pm" 

The lady that I talked to when I went up to the post office said that my package should have been on the truck that has already delivered all of those packages. She told me to go to USPS.com and fill something out for them to get to the bottom of it? I don't understand. Has anyone else ever had to do this before? Is there anywhere that they can investigate what happened? 

She said within another week I can then contact the mail recovery center and see if they can help. 

What the hell should I do? 

Has anyone noticed that getting stuff the last few weeks has moved to a snails pace?  I'm still waiting on a few Black Friday deliveries that USPS is taking their sweeeet time on delivering to me.  I realize they're busier than normal due to the holiday gift buying season but God damn can't a brotha get a record shipped in under 2 weeks? 

still waiting on an ebay purchase from October...Canada to Australia......PayPal dispute is open but the dude seems pretty genuine.....i know in the past Canada to Aus has taken a while....but not this long.....hope it drops soon....really keen on the record

still waiting on an ebay purchase from October...Canada to Australia......PayPal dispute is open but the dude seems pretty genuine.....i know in the past Canada to Aus has taken a while....but not this long.....hope it drops soon....really keen on the record

I got a record that was shipped in September(from canada) just last week.

2.5 months to get from canada to Australia, where as all my other packages have got here from the states in about a week.

Crazy time of year

I've only ever had orders from Canada to Australia take 2-3 months and one order that never showed up.

This holiday season has been fairly well balanced with some surprisingly quick deliveries (2 orders from In The Red made it to Australia in 5 days flat) and a couple of slower deliveries I'm still waiting on from last month. Hopefully everyone's Christmas is filled with USPS miracles this year.

Hey guys, 

Need some advice. I've always seemed to have good luck (sending and receiving) using USPS. Well, I feel like my luck has finally run out. I sent a record out on 12/9 media mail with tracking and it hasn't moved from " Acceptance Round Rock, TX 12/9/13 1:54pm" & then "Dispatched to Sort Facility Round Rock, TX 12/9/13 9:13pm" 

The lady that I talked to when I went up to the post office said that my package should have been on the truck that has already delivered all of those packages. She told me to go to USPS.com and fill something out for them to get to the bottom of it? I don't understand. Has anyone else ever had to do this before? Is there anywhere that they can investigate what happened? 

She said within another week I can then contact the mail recovery center and see if they can help. 

What the hell should I do? 

This happens to me all the time. Goes from "here" to LA where it's dispatching and sorting out and all that good stuff. I won't see activity for a while and then all of a sudden it'll show up in New York probably by the 8th 9th or 10th day. It's really busy right now during holidays so... it's probably being sorted out. Where's it's destination?

Also. Today I survived this McbeSNZ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

fucking mailman. i realize it was cold out today but if you're 5 feet in front of my house, get up off your ass and deliver my package instead of saying you "left a notice" when i clearly watched you pull up, fill the mailbox with bills, and drive away.

Not trying to judge you... But why didn't you go outside if you saw him?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first bent mailer from USPS today. Very lucky the records are only slightly warped as opposed to broken. I feared the worst when I saw the package, and of course it was one of my very few orders from Discogs (nothing bad about it just saying just my luck.)

i just got a message from someone on discogs tonight saying they didn't get a record i shipped to them 3 weeks ago.

what do?

Yeah like DJ Quik said you should have tracking. Check your receipt which you should have saved until the buyer confirms they received it. Even better if you print your labels online.

I guess I'm lucky in that I haven't had any issues with USPS, apart from the one time I got a bubble mailer record, but it was a 5 dollar blind buy, so I couldn't really care less.

An LP mailer fits perfectly across my mailbox and my carrier is smart enough not to try to force it closed; mainly because the majority of it sticks out of the top of the box. But I'm just waiting for a record to come damaged while hoping it never happens.