Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

I must admit, I was wrong.

The original intention of this thread was to highlight the package abuse that occurs during USPS transit. I've had 2 records arrived with holes going through both ends of the package (and the record inside), many of us have experienced broken records, and a lot of us had items simply disappear. On two occasions, I received records in the shape of bowls, both 4 weeks late.

But it also appears there is some major transit fumbling occurring as well.

The last few packages I've gotten have had holes of various depth plunged into them (see my previous posts for the granddaddy of holes). Last time, it wasn't as bad but it warped the record. Two times before that there was no damage to the record- just a slightly indented mailer surface.

Can't find your posts, but were the holes like someone jammed a letter opener through the entire package and record? Both times, that's what it looked like.

• 4 weeks later...

Wut?

Tracking History

March 21, 2016

9:33 am

Arrived at USPS Facility,

CHERRY HILL, NJ 08034

March 21, 2016

5:22 am

Arrived at Post Office,

CHERRY HILL, NJ 08034

March 19, 2016

2:53 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility,

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

March 18, 2016

11:23 am

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility,

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

March 18, 2016

10:08 am

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility,

DOYLESTOWN, PA 18901

March 17, 2016

2:55 pm

Shipment Picked Up,

DOYLESTOWN, PA 18901

March 17, 2016

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS,

March 17, 2016

8:57 am

Shipping Label Created,

DOYLESTOWN, PA 18901

• 2 weeks later...

sold a record on discogs with the info provided by the buyer. a day after it was due to be delivered, i checked the tracking and came up with this:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9400111899563131664957

i messaged the buyer and shes like "oh yeah we moved last weekend" like???? why wouldnt you tell me to mail it to your new address instead? so there its sat since 3/28. not sure what to do now. she hasnt messaged me back to say its been delivered or anything so idk at this point.

am i responsible for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing beats my copy of Rosetta's "A Determinism of Morality" on CD, which was melted.

And then repacked, and sent to me with a note that said "We damaged your item."

The Cd case fucking MELTED. I don't even know how it happened. They must have gotten it caught in between some belts somewhere.

I've had that happened with 2 records, but no note. In both cases, they arrived a month late. Like bowls.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a record this time, but normal USPS fuckboy shenanigans on a package I'm waiting for.

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time Business Closed NEW YORK, NY 10199 April 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Business Closed NEW YORK, NY 10199 April 23, 2016 8:04 am

Arrived at Post Office NEW YORK, NY 10199 April 23, 2016 5:37 am

Departed USPS Destination Facility METRO, NY April 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility METRO, NY April 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Departed USPS Facility PORTLAND, OR 97218 April 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility PORTLAND, OR 97218 April 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility PORTLAND, OR 97227 April 21, 2016 7:28 pm

My building has a 24/7 front desk. They just mark packages as "Business Closed" and don't deliver lol. 8:00 AM on a Saturday.... yesterday was the kicker. Went to the Post Office and asked if I could just pick up my package. They demanded to see my tracking info, and when shown, said that means it is on the truck and will be delivered today. I asked if they could just do me a favor and check the back, and she refused.

so, after I finished working at 6 and no package, I hung around the lobby until 6:30pm seeing if postman would stumble in drunk or something. No Show. Get on the train - check status - 6:15pm "Could not deliver, Business Closed".

Cheeky cunt.

Call USPS general customer support and open a claim with the person on the phone and describe your experience with trying to pick up the package.  The person on the phone won't work for the post office branch you're having issues with so they won't be defensive and stonewall you.  I'll bet good money that you will either get a phone call from the post office manager assuring you they'll deliver your package ASAP or you'll find your package miraculously delivered at the front desk within 2-3 days.

Call USPS general customer support and open a claim with the person on the phone and describe your experience with trying to pick up the package. The person on the phone won't work for the post office branch you're having issues with so they won't be defensive and stonewall you. I'll bet good money that you will either get a phone call from the post office manager assuring you they'll deliver your package ASAP or you'll find your package miraculously delivered at the front desk within 2-3 days.

Will keep it in mind :) thanks! this post office is in the heart of manhattan and has a 1 star rating on google, with every review stating "when google lets us rate 0 stars ill be editing this review". Just the lowest of the low garbage.

Last time I had an issue with this Post Office they did this for 2 weeks and I went there every day trying to get my package. Then miraculously they marked it as delivered one morning at like 4am and it showed back up at the senders house 5 months later.