Kanye West -Yeezus

I've been moving into my new apartment all week and haven't had a chance to listen to this til now. And on the first listen I'm blown away.

Also, the ideal vinyl variant of this would be clear vinyl with a single red stripe on one side.

Product designer or whatever for Kanye said it will be "see-through" which presumably means clear. I hope it'll be the same layout as the CD but only red tape because I don't want to collect variants of a hiphop album

I'm sure the iTunes version is the best-mastered of the bunch, but honestly it's pretty hard listening to it after blasting the lossless CD rip all day. Maybe I'm crazy but it just doesn't sound as good to me. :/

then try burning the iTunes version to a CD then ripping it in lossless. Best of both worlds.

Kanye wanted to go minimalist on this album, and did it pretty well, but I much prefer big, over the top Kanye. As much as I wanted to love this album, I just can't really get into it. It's more along the lines of 808s, my least favorite album of his. I love Black Skinheads, in my opinion, by far the best song on the album. And I really like a few other songs (Blood on the Leaves, New Slaves, Bound 2), really dislike Guilt Trip, and everything else is just ok. I mean I can listen to the whole album and enjoy it, but I don't absolutely love most of the songs on the album, like I did MBDTF and some of his other albums. There were like 8 songs off of MBDTF that I absolutely loved and Black Skinhead is the only song on this album that stands out to me on that level. Still listening to it though, we'll see if it grows on me haha

Hold My Liquor crazy good. "Late night organ donor" to describe alcoholism. Ye is a genius.

"Then her auntie came over. Skinny bitch with no shoulders. Tellin you that I'm bogus. Bitch you don't even know us. Baby girl he's a loner. Late night organ donor. After that he disown ya."

I thought the organ he was donating was his dick. Which, interpreting it that way, I thought was a pretty badass line haha 

I am genuinely curious as to why people LOVE this album. I get that everyone has different musical tastes, but for me to think so highly of an album, I need to like most of the songs, and enjoy the music AND lyrics.

Kanye's lyrics are laughable and unrelatable. And racist. And sexist. Why does he get a free pass?