PO: Thrice - Identity Crisis repress?

I bought this for like $60 6-7 months ago and I hate myself for it.  I'm holding out on TAI for sure. 

I sold off most of my Thrice because of the Universal pressings and getting boned on a deal for Identity Crisis.  I'm super happy to hear this.

Anyone know if this will be mastered for vinyl or just some commercial CD cut?

So what will it cost? Are you saying it will be more? SRC already announced it as 20.99. Also, why did SRC have it posted for 17.50 until today? Will they even honor that price?

He's saying it will be cheaper, just like all of his other releases. I know it's shocking, but there are plenty of labels that sell single LPs for $17 and under. Hell, I can name 10 labels that release really quality stuff that is less than $17 including shipping. But they aren't Thrice and Brand New records or shit Hot Topic sells which means you would never take the time to check them out.

The record is mastered for vinyl, just like it was the first time.

Ask SRC why they have it posted for that amount. Matt runs the label that is putting it out. He can't speak to SRC and their practices. Vinyl isn't even at the plant at this point. SRC literally know nothing about this release other than it's happening. They're just trying to take advantage of the customer by posting their "preorder" first.

He's saying it will be cheaper, just like all of his other releases. I know it's shocking, but there are plenty of labels that sell single LPs for $17 and under. Hell, I can name 10 labels that release really quality stuff that is less than $17 including shipping. But they aren't Thrice and Brand New records or shit Hot Topic sells which means you would never take the time to check them out.

The record is mastered for vinyl, just like it was the first time.

Ask SRC why they have it posted for that amount. Matt runs the label that is putting it out. He can't speak to SRC and their practices. Vinyl isn't even at the plant at this point. SRC literally know nothing about this release other than it's happening. They're just trying to take advantage of the customer by posting their "preorder" first.

Thanks for more concrete info, there isn't a whole lot to go on right now. Also thanks for "pegging" me as an asshat who only cares about major releases or hot topic presses and couldn't care less about smaller indie labels who still have reasonable prices, your subtle judgement didn't go unnoticed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They might be waiting to put up for order when the vinyl comes in because

1) The order details/pressing info is a bonus to a good album and won't change because Matt told us sooner.

2) This will probably sell out sooner than later anyway.

3) It'd be nice to not have a pre-order for a change.

Be patient. It won't get to anyone's turntable faster.

Andrew,

Thank you for your recent order! We wanted to let you know that we were informed by our supplier that the street date for the Thrice - Identity Crisis (Colored Vinyl) LP has been pushed back to September 5th. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks for the personal response. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this email...

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for placing an order at Interpunk.com on Jun 19. We just wanted to give you an order status update.

For your order #4329110, the item listed below is currently out of stock:

Thrice - Identity Crisis (Colored Vinyl) LP [released Sep 5]

»

As soon as we receive this item, we will immediately ship out your order.

When this is ready there will pressing info, etc.

It also won't cost $17.50 - $21.

Pretty sure amazon, interpunk, src, etc jumped the gun on this one.  My guess is they got wind of the release from the distributor and wanted to capitalize.  Matt always keeps the board posted on their releases, so just keep checking this topic for real info.

• 2 weeks later...