Dexter season 8

Best parts: Saxon jacking that truck with no one noticing and Decks jacking Deb's body...with no one noticing.

Oof.

yeah xD

i was a 100% sure dex would jump with deb, that would´ve been great i think.

this ending sucks. doesn´t do justice to this show. 

what´s next on dexter? :D

really stupid...

It seemed like they didn't really have a solid way to wrap it up. Having Dexter die would have been too easy, he's in a worse situation being "normal" in a lonely life with everyone he cared about gone.

Having him slip out with Deb was pretty random, hurricane or not. But since it's the finale they could do whatever they wanted. I kind of like the fact that she's his last "kill".

You'd think Batista would look into Harrison's whereabouts, given both Dexter and Deb are out of the picture. You'd think Elway would fess up about Hannah to the police and they could find her/Harrison. I wonder if Harrison acquires a dark-passenger of his own (chilling in Rita's blood and all), Hannah would teach him how to poison and crap instead ha. I feel kind of bad for her, being stuck with an annoying orphan to raise on her on with the fuzz on her back.

It could have been a lot worse. They could have all been in heaven this whole time or the screen could have turned black with Don't Stop Believing playing. Gonna miss this show.

PS: what the hell happened to all of Dexter's blood slides?

It seemed like they didn't really have a solid way to wrap it up. Having Dexter die would have been too easy, he's in a worse situation being "normal" in a lonely life with everyone he cared about gone.

Having him slip out with Deb was pretty random, hurricane or not. But since it's the finale they could do whatever they wanted. I kind of like the fact that she's his last "kill".

You'd think Batista would look into Harrison's whereabouts, given both Dexter and Deb are out of the picture. You'd think Elway would fess up about Hannah to the police and they could find her/Harrison. I wonder if Harrison acquires a dark-passenger of his own (chilling in Rita's blood and all), Hannah would teach him how to poison and crap instead ha. I feel kind of bad for her, being stuck with an annoying orphan to raise on her on with the fuzz on her back.

It could have been a lot worse. They could have all been in heaven this whole time or the screen could have turned black with Don't Stop Believing playing. Gonna miss this show.

PS: what the hell happened to all of Dexter's blood slides?

If you're referring to the ending of Lost, that is not what happened.

I'm cool suspending belief for a TV show (surviving the hurricane pushed my limits) but what bothers me is character developments that don't make sense; like Debra being a slutty drug addict bounty hunter.

So if Dexter is a Lumberjack now, and he isn't going to kill any more...why doesn't he just not kill any more in Argentina?

If he's going to bail on the life boat out of the hurricane, why did he drive it straight into the hurricane? Maybe just lay a stone on the accelerator or something.

I'm not going to attempt to understand the hurricane scene.

However, I thought dex chose a life where he would continue to kill. Isolated himself from loved ones so no one else would get hurt besides his victims

I'm not going to attempt to understand the hurricane scene.

However, I thought dex chose a life where he would continue to kill. Isolated himself from loved ones so no one else would get hurt besides his victims

Thats what I got out of it as well. The final look he gave made it feel like he was still at it. 

If you're referring to the ending of Lost, that is not what happened.

I loved lost, even the ending. I think season finales are always controversial and best judged during a re-watch a few years later. In hindsight many view the Seinfeld finale and yes the sopranos finale as brilliant. People were just mad that the show was over.

Dexter I feel wont be viewed in that light. The writers had no idea what they were doing, it felt like they did not know how to write for dramatic television and thus failed to do the show any justice, as far as I am concerned the showed ended in season 4 and damn what a brilliant finale!

I loved lost, even the ending. I think season finales are always controversial and best judged during a re-watch a few years later. In hindsight many view the Seinfeld finale and yes the sopranos finale as brilliant. People were just mad that the show was over.

Dexter I feel wont be viewed in that light. The writers had no idea what they were doing, it felt like they did not know how to write for dramatic television and thus failed to do the show any justice, as far as I am concerned the showed ended in season 4 and damn what a brilliant finale!

Completely agree. I get so mad when people say about Lost "so they were dead the whole time, that's stupid, i called that from the beginning" when it's pretty clearly laid out that that only applies to the flash-sideways. I even saw a really in depth interview with Damon probably a year ago, where they talked about Lost for like half an hour, and the stupid interviewer even thought that's what happened.

Completely agree. I get so mad when people say about Lost "so they were dead the whole time, that's stupid, i called that from the beginning" when it's pretty clearly laid out that that only applies to the flash-sideways. I even saw a really in depth interview with Damon probably a year ago, where they talked about Lost for like half an hour, and the stupid interviewer even thought that's what happened.

i remember that interview.  damon looked and sounded very frustrated.  especially when he explained the ending and the guy still didn't understand him.

christian shepard made what was happening in the flash-sideways very clear during the finale.  it was almost as if he was explaining it to the viewers.

i remember that interview.  damon looked and sounded very frustrated.  especially when he explained the ending and the guy still didn't understand him.

christian shepard made what was happening in the flash-sideways very clear during the finale.  it was almost as if he was explaining it to the viewers.

If anyone can find this interview I'd love to see it. 

In the meantime I thought this was pretty spot on: http://www.avclub.com/articles/remember-the-monsters,102659/

I still don't know what to make of that ending.

I was expecting and hoping that Dexter would jump in the water with Deb's body and that was it for him.

The whole lumberjack living incognito "twist" is lazy and weak.

i swear he's said before that he wouldn't commit suicide

there was just so much...wrong... in this episode.