New Found Glory Kill It Live out 10/8

Sorry that I didn't toss this in here sooner:

Saw them at SF and while being my usual very nice self to their merch dude, he told me that they had 10 copies of the friends press on the bus.  He then WENT AND GRABBED IT FOR ME!

So, tip the merch dude, and there is a maximum of 9 copies up for grabs on this tour.

Sorry that I didn't toss this in here sooner:

Saw them at SF and while being my usual very nice self to their merch dude, he told me that they had 10 copies of the friends press on the bus. He then WENT AND GRABBED IT FOR ME!

So, tip the merch dude, and there is a maximum of 9 copies up for grabs on this tour.

That's insane!

That's insane!

Yeah, I couldn't believe it!

Then, moments later, I swung over to the AK3 merch booth (with 3 copies of NFG vinyl in my hand) and ask what color he was selling "My Shame..." on.  He gives me the dirtiest looks and sneers "How should I know?  They're fuckin' sealed."

Needless to say, didn't buy any AK3 merch that night.  :mellow:

Yeah, I couldn't believe it!

Then, moments later, I swung over to the AK3 merch booth (with 3 copies of NFG vinyl in my hand) and ask what color he was selling "My Shame..." on.  He gives me the dirtiest looks and sneers "How should I know?  They're fuckin' sealed."

Needless to say, didn't buy any AK3 merch that night.  :mellow:

At last night's show while I was in line for merch, someone attempted to take a picture of the merch displays to send to a friend, and the Alk3 merch dude flipped out on him saying there's no pictures and he better not end up on Instagram. A little over the top perhaps? Needless to say, I bought nothing from him.

At last night's show while I was in line for merch, someone attempted to take a picture of the merch displays to send to a friend, and the Alk3 merch dude flipped out on him saying there's no pictures and he better not end up on Instagram. A little over the top perhaps? Needless to say, I bought nothing from him.

dude sounds like a big ol' jerk-face. 

I don't get why folks would be so weary about taking pictures of merch for others.  There's probably an obvious answer that just isn't lighting the dull bulb above my head.  I wanted to take a picture of Iwrestledabearonce's merch at a show a ways back, my friend's daughter wanted a shirt but obviously they weren't at the show with me, so they would be able to look at 'em & pick one out.  The guy let me do it, but felt like he was really sketched out about it.  Is there a threat of people bootlegging merchandise or something?  If nothing else, I'd think it'd be a good thing to have the junk you're selling on instant gram and twitter, more advertising, no? 

That said, the tour isn't swinging through the midwest for another 3 weeks.  If anyone would be so kind to grab a friend press of the album for me, I would be so obliged, and compensate the favor.  If there are any left, of course.

I don't get why folks would be so weary about taking pictures of merch for others.  There's probably an obvious answer that just isn't lighting the dull bulb above my head.  I wanted to take a picture of Iwrestledabearonce's merch at a show a ways back, my friend's daughter wanted a shirt but obviously they weren't at the show with me, so they would be able to look at 'em & pick one out.  The guy let me do it, but felt like he was really sketched out about it.  Is there a threat of people bootlegging merchandise or something?  If nothing else, I'd think it'd be a good thing to have the junk you're selling on instant gram and twitter, more advertising, no? 

That said, the tour isn't swinging through the midwest for another 3 weeks.  If anyone would be so kind to grab a friend press of the album for me, I would be so obliged, and compensate the favor.  If there are any left, of course.

I think a simple (albeit cynical) explanation is that the merch table is their domain, and you're threatening their position of power by stealing images of the things they control.  They're just trying to retain what little power they have in life.