PO: Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt (Oct 15)

I should have qualified it. Per my friend the places we hit are usually good for having new releases the Saturday before release. Most of my local stores in Columbus also normally get things in early and they all know I'm a huge PJ fan. None of them have hit me up yet so I'm guessing they don't have it yet. Just curious if this will prove to be an In Utero type situation where it's delayed for a couple of weeks. 

I went on Friday for the same reason, but was told that they can't sell before the release date.  They are cracking down on this apparently.  They also said that they have it, but didn't say (I didn't ask) if they had the vinyl.

Also, the only talk about red vinyl for this is through the contest.  Any other talk is speculation and hope.

Some dude on Steve Hoffman forums said he got his 10c record and it's red.

Also, Easy Street records has a display of LV vinyl made up of Red, white and Black LPs.

ok, I just saw that.  I'm mostly surprised that he got the 10 Club vinyl since there was a delay and nobody on the forum seems to have gotten it yet.

I guess time will tell.  I was hoping to just buy it local.

I really don't like this album.  First three songs were decent, but it went downhill fast for me.  Yield was their last really good album, IMO.  I think I'll have to pass on this one unless I find it cheap in the used bin.

Really? I think Infallible is just as good a song they've brought out in the last 10 years... But then im one of what seem to be very few PJ fans that like their new stuff as well as their old stuff

Really? I think Infallible is just as good a song they've brought out in the last 10 years... But then im one of what seem to be very few PJ fans that like their new stuff as well as their old stuff

The new album is great. Better than the last couple albums but I dig those too. If all PJ had was the anthemic 90's stuff I wouldn't be the fan of this band that I am. 

The new album is great. Better than the last couple albums but I dig those too. If all PJ had was the anthemic 90's stuff I wouldn't be the fan of this band that I am. 

I'd hardly call No Code anthemic.  The styles are pretty diverse from Ten through Yield, and it was all really creative music.  While I enjoyed a handful of songs off of latter albums, it felt like most of the music was dialed in.  I'm glad people still enjoy their albums, but I think the glory days are long gone.

I ended up FINALLY joining 10c thinking I would get the red, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen. So stupid, I should have joined to order the last live record!

I've only listened to LB about half way through, but I really like it so far. I didn't really have any expectations, but I can understand if you went in hoping for something specific you leave yourself open to disappointment. I read some post, on another board, and the guy just fucking hated this record. I don't understand how a supposed fan could hate this record that much. Very strange.

If you can honestly say you feel like the music is "dialed in". Go see them live then get back to me

I have seen them live, they're great.  And performing is different than writing.  

No need to for anyone to get worked up.  If you enjoy the album, great.  It's certainly not bad music compared to a lot of the tripe out there.  I just don't think it's reaching what they're capable of creating.

Just an FYI, if you are trying to find this in your local music store.  I've heard the following from 2 separate stores.  This was posted October 8th, by the way:

"Just a heads up on this new Pearl Jam "Lightning Bolt" LP that's supposed to come out next Tuesday. I pre-ordered a slew of these things but apparently the vast majority of the pressing is being sold through the Pearl Jam fan club instead of to record stores, which is a little disappointing. I may still get copies but now I have ZERO idea how many I'll get or when I'll get them. There's a re-press that they're already working on but I'm being told that's 6 weeks away from being available."

i picked up a copy in NYC at the Volcom store. They still have some leftovers from the pop up shop they did last night. 30$ is pretty steep for me for a single lp and i would of liked at least a digital download if not a cd tucked away in the packaging. For the record itself it's not PJ's best work to date but it's a good record.

So I was lucky/unlucky enough to actually track down a copy of the album today. Paid $35, for single LP mind you. Wasn't mind at first, die cut cover, nice artwork and book. Put it on the turntable, first track Getaway has CONSTANT pops and skips throughout. Gets a little better after that but def continues on the rest of the side. I thought maybe a good cleaning would help remedy this, you can actually feel the surface defects on this thing. Most disheartening experience with a record I can think of. Fucking bullshit. 

Yup it's a shitty press. I bought one at release day in NYC at Volcom and it's bad pops and clicks my vinyl actually had like glue on it from the record sleeve. I'm still waiting on my ten club one that i pre-ordered.

I had the same problem with the PJ20 Soundtrack. The first tracks on side A and B also had some glue (or whatever) on it.