PO: Tigers Jaw - Charmer

Anyone get to see the show tonight? I saw john slaby posted a picture of the Merch he designed and then a photo of them playing. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of the band finally taking on the reigns of a fully realized record and tour. Im sure they play a healthy mix of their whole catalog but I personally would love to hear majority new songs.

Looking back, it seems when they werent as much in the public consciousness, in the time between two worlds and charmer (my favorite era), they operated under the surface as a regional act playing a lot around PA and honing their chops. I truly think that time as an established local band aided to the next levelry of this record, you can hear the experimentation in the six or so songs between the two LPs.

Yes! Makes me smile too. Last Tigers Jaw LP came out in my bedroom. I don't think it was even in stores on release day, and this one made top 50 Billboard. Couldn't be happier for them. 

I sort of talk about that in this interview: http://www.halfcloth.com/interview-jeff-casazza-run-cover-records/ If you're not familiar with the Half Cloth site, check it out, great writing about cool music. 

Yes! Makes me smile too. Last Tigers Jaw LP came out in my bedroom. I don't think it was even in stores on release day, and this one made top 50 Billboard. Couldn't be happier for them. 

I sort of talk about that in this interview: http://www.halfcloth.com/interview-jeff-casazza-run-cover-records/ If you're not familiar with the Half Cloth site, check it out, great writing about cool music. 

read that just yesterday! youve got some really cool words when you talk about things important to you, ever thought of a "jeff's corner" type video?

• 1 month later...

I can't get into this record.  I've loved the self titled for years.  It and TLTYF introduced me to RFC way back, but this does nothing for me.

After a few listens, I can say the same thing. I found it quite boring. Will definitely listen to it more before making a final decision though.

You guys are crazy. This album is so good. Easily their best and so far my favorite record of the year.

It could be their best, but I couldnt even listen to their other stuff at all

The only reason I bought this was because they played here with Pity Sex and the hype from this board

I dont listen to anything remotely close to what they sound like

This album is really good. Dig distress signal though had that on other comps obviously. Really like nervous kids and frame you, though my favorite track has to be teen rocket. It's taken me a few listens for sure, whereas songs like plane vs. tank vs. submarine were immediately catchy and pulled me into the self-titled this one had to grow on me.

I can't get into this record. I've loved the self titled for years. It and TLTYF introduced me to RFC way back, but this does nothing for me.

I sadly feel the same way. With all the hype this record was getting I was very excited for this to come in, yet when it finally did and I first spun it I was very disappointed. I've listened to it a few more times since and still can't get into it, I zone out and stop caring to where I even forget it's on.