PO: Tigers Jaw - Charmer

I preordered the pink and white variant. it looks great! I kind of wish i didn't preorder because I stopped by my local record store on Tuesday and they have cream/green copies (haven't seen, pic anybody?) AND if you bought a record you got a free wrist band to see Tigers Jaw play an acoustic show tomorrow night. I've seen them play a bunch of times but never acoustic. Oh well….

^ if that is one of the shows they have been tumblring about all week then you can still get in free. The wristband is just for guaranteed entry. So show up early enough and you can still check out the show (check their tumblr to make sure it's one of those shows first).

oh cool! I didn't realize. Thanks for the advice!

I don't think USPS even pays attention to the names, just the zip code.

I've had records sent to my hometown Vancouver, Washington (with the proper zip code) and go to Vancouver B.C. before making their way back to me. I'm not sure how that works out, but it has happened.

What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? What would you do? 

Definitely has to grow on me.  Second listen was better than the first for me, but I am still a bit bummed that 3 songs were previously released.  They sound great on the album, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't have the same effect for me.  I like when EPs and comp contributions stand alone and aren't released elsewhere.  

Definitely has to grow on me.  Second listen was better than the first for me, but I am still a bit bummed that 3 songs were previously released.  They sound great on the album, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't have the same effect for me.  I like when EPs and comp contributions stand alone and aren't released elsewhere.  

I could see people being slightly miffed that Distress Signal is on the record (despite sounding significantly better and being one of their best songs), but it's pretty common for a 7" single to come out prior to an albums release.The version of Cool on the 7" is completely different and for a band who's last record was 23 minutes (I think), Charmer being almost 40 with two songs you've heard before is pretty good. Alas, you're obviously entitled to your opinion, and I hope you come around on the record!

I could see people being slightly miffed that Distress Signal is on the record (despite sounding significantly better and being one of their best songs), but it's pretty common for a 7" single to come out prior to an albums release.The version of Cool on the 7" is completely different and for a band who's last record was 23 minutes (I think), Charmer being almost 40 with two songs you've heard before is pretty good. Alas, you're obviously entitled to your opinion, and I hope you come around on the record!

Yeah, they sound much better on the album and the second and third time through I found myself enjoying it more than the first.  I'm seeing them on Monday and hoping hearing more of those songs live will also help me along with this record.

Anyone get to see the show tonight? I saw john slaby posted a picture of the Merch he designed and then a photo of them playing. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of the band finally taking on the reigns of a fully realized record and tour. Im sure they play a healthy mix of their whole catalog but I personally would love to hear majority new songs.

Looking back, it seems when they werent as much in the public consciousness, in the time between two worlds and charmer (my favorite era), they operated under the surface as a regional act playing a lot around PA and honing their chops. I truly think that time as an established local band aided to the next levelry of this record, you can hear the experimentation in the six or so songs between the two LPs.