Electronic Cigarette Discussion

So I'm thinking up of going to the vapor realm. It's safer.

This is the only site I know of at the moment that I'm willing to take an option of. It seems like a start up and looks DIY but yeah that's all good with me.

www.velvetcloudvapor.com

So can you list other vapor providers you recommend? Looking for organic and it seems this is only spot with that

I've been vaping for about 8 months now and quit cigarettes completely about 6 months ago. I love being able to vape at my desk at work and not having the smell with cigarettes. Plus I don't smoke in my car but with a vape it doesn't matter since their is no lingering smell.

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/

This site has pretty good deals on the batteries and tanks, they don't offer a warranty besides something arriving DOA though. I would recommend starting with an Ego battery and a Vivi Nova tank system, easy to use, fairly cheap. Only thing bad about the Vivi Novas tanks is that you have to replace the head with the coil and wick every few weeks (or every week if you vape constantly) and they cost about $4 each. The good thing about them is it is extremely easy to change them. I'm currently using an Aga-T tank that you have to wrap the coil yourself (definitely not for beginners) with the Vivi Nova the heads have the coil pre wrapped and it makes it a whole lot easier to change out, especially if you are new to vaping. You definitely get more vapor and flavor with a tank that you have to wrap yourself though. If you wrap the coil yourself it is $1 for a foot of coil and it takes about 2 inches to wrap it once and that will last about a few weeks before it starts to taste funny and you need to rewrap.

http://www.vaporbomb.com/

This site has pretty good deals on juice if you buy the 30mL bottles. Red Bomb, Wintergreen and Green Apple are my faves from that site.

I also have a few local shops I go to but the they can't beat prices online but they are usually pretty helpful if you have questions and most of them let you sample flavors before you buy them which you obviously can't do online.

Also, if you want to get high with your vape use this site and buy a tank for that.

http://www.gentlemansvapes.com/

They sell tanks for oils and dry buds and they use the same batteries as the E Cigs and just screw on like the tanks for juice.

Can i discuss how this shit is really starting to get on my nerves?

I'm with you.  Absolutely no offense to anyone who does this because it's your business and all that, but the idea of this is just so funny to me.  It's like... if you HAVE to, you can't take a couple minutes to go step outside somewhere and smoke?  I understand there are some benefits, but from a non-smokers point of view, it just seems like a way to be like "Hey, look at me!  I'm smoking somewhere where it's not aloud, but it's okay, because I actually AM aloud!  These things are electronic!"

I'm with you.  Absolutely no offense to anyone who does this because it's your business and all that, but the idea of this is just so funny to me.  It's like... if you HAVE to, you can't take a couple minutes to go step outside somewhere and smoke?  I understand there are some benefits, but from a non-smokers point of view, it just seems like a way to be like "Hey, look at me!  I'm smoking somewhere where it's not aloud, but it's okay, because I actually AM aloud!  These things are electronic!"

Every e-smoker I've ever met:

"I could walk up to the President and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face, and he'd just have to sit there groovin' on it!"

I have Been using the blu e cig for a couple of weeks and I like it. Although I would like to upgrade. I don't really agree with people thinking its dumb though. I use mine just like I would if I were smoking a real cigarette and absolutely don't do it in doors anywhere. I technically could I guess but I would look incredibly stupid. I think it is a great way for a person to get the feeling of a cigarette but no tar or any of the other thousands of chemicals just nicotine.

I'm with you. Absolutely no offense to anyone who does this because it's your business and all that, but the idea of this is just so funny to me. It's like... if you HAVE to, you can't take a couple minutes to go step outside somewhere and smoke? I understand there are some benefits, but from a non-smokers point of view, it just seems like a way to be like "Hey, look at me! I'm smoking somewhere where it's not aloud, but it's okay, because I actually AM aloud! These things are electronic!"

This is why I deleted my thread about eCigs.

OP, I enjoy the shit out of these and it's fun to nerd out over all the crazy vv/vw mods out there but these boards aren't down to discuss them. I strongly suggest the VAPE! community on G+ and e-cig-forum.com for discussion.

As far as hardware goes get a 1100 mAh eGo-C Twist battery with a kanger Protank 2 as your first set-up. Bevapehappy.com, highdesertvapes.com, vaporkings.com, and smoke-evolution.com are top-notch sellers and usually have coupons on retailmenot.com. As far as liquids go highdesertvapes.com has the best I've ever used.

PM if you wanna chat, and don't buy some cheap knockoff kit from a smoke shop!

OP, I enjoy the shit out of these and it's fun to nerd out over all the crazy vv/vw mods out there

As far as hardware goes get a 1100 mAh eGo-C Twist battery with a kanger Protank 2 as your first set-up. Behappyvapes.com, highdesertvapes.com, vaporkings.com, and smoke-evolution.com are top-notch sellers and usually have coupons on retailmenot.com. As far as liquids go highdesertvapes.com has the best I've ever used.

I saw it on your Instagram, looks neat.

Regardless whether some people think using these ecigs are like an equivalent to some tool using a bluetooth, aren't the ecigs better for the people around them? Like people with asthma or allergies, cancer due to second hand smoke, etc.?

I think that would trump how lame someone may look by using one.

i'm with the guys who think these things look real dumb, BUT i was at the beach the other day...  US open actually, so it was really crowded...  and these 2 guys near us were vaping nonstop.  i'm actually glad because they were blowing the vapor out into my kid's face, but there wasn't really anything to be mad about since it's not really bad for you like cigarette smoke.  they still looked pretty douchey though.

i'm with the guys who think these things look real dumb, BUT i was at the beach the other day... US open actually, so it was really crowded... and these 2 guys near us were vaping nonstop. i'm actually glad because they were blowing the vapor out into my kid's face, but there wasn't really anything to be mad about since it's not really bad for you like cigarette smoke. they still looked pretty douchey though.

Those guys probably didn't look any less cool then a dude in their late 20s walking around a mall carrying a Hot Topic bag full of records.

well ya, i should clarify that they were pretty douchey looking to begin with.  the US open attracts a lot of people like that from out of town.  pertty much why the riots went down.  (along with the inability of the city to adequately do crowd control).  i don't think i would've noticed those guys in the crowd at all though if it weren't for the constant vaping.

i have a friend who's used an e-cig for a while now.  he visited with me at a local bar while he was in town and he was pretty self-conscious about his vaporizer to the point of holding it down low and taking quick puffs every now and then, not very often.  for some reason, i didn't really find that to look douchey at all.  like i don't know...  to use that blue tooth analogy, like the people who have those devices but only wear them when they're making a call in their car.  it's totally discreet.  not you know, wearing them everywhere they go and/or yapping all day long into the air with those things on.

So people hate them because they look stupid? Who gives a shit. Smoking in general is stupid.  This is cheaper in the long haul, better for you, and is a great way to ween you off smoking.  I bought one to cut down while at home but don't bring it to work or out on the town because it's stigmatized as being 'douchey'.  Ed Hardy is douchey. 

aloud would pertain to your voice. allowed would pertain to permission. :P

and no, i cannot take a couple of minutes to go outside and vape. i work in an environment where sometimes i don't have that kind of luxury to do so, so i go to the back and take a few quick puffs out of eyesight of customers. people tend to be a bit more productive when they aren't going outside to take a 5 minute smoke break every so often. 

though, i agree, there are times and places when people shouldn't vape, this goes along with people on their phones texting while in a restaurant, or at a club while the bands playing. or speaking on their phone while they're taking an order at mcdonalds. everyone does these things because it's not illegal, but that doesn't mean they should.  doesn't really make everyone "douchey". if so, everyone here would be a douche. I also hate that word, because it's so misused now. it's equivalent to the word "alternative" or "indie" when describing music.

also everyone, good job at the ego recommendations. don't know how many people have recommended provari's or what not and newbies getting overwhelmed with the higher mech/vv mods that they would just quit and going back to smoking.

i'd recommend these places to get ego batteries and tanks:

buckysbargainvaping.com (free shipping), exhale vapors, discount vapors, and healthcabin. 

if any of you people that vape want to try something new. Suicide Bunny has a new line coming out that i've been fortunate enough to try. They are on litecigusa.net for now, and they should be out soon. 4 great flavors. I'd recommend any one of them if you like sweet (melon type) stuff. 

anything elevated vaping has on their site is really good too. but they are high end juices and a bit pricey.

and lastly:

1150248_570840546307547_757199788_n.jpg

I don't think anyone on here doubts that E-Cigs are pretty beneficial to everybody. But there's always douchebags there to ruin it.

Hm. Kinda like records.

Most everyone here on VC is pretty awesome, and they dig records for all the right reasons. But most the people I meet who like records are the kind of people who will spend 20 minutes making sure I know that they "liked that one band before they were mainstream".