An Idea to the Mods...

Micah511

What if we started not letting people with under 50 post counts to start new threads? I saw this in another forum recently and it seems to work great. I think it could eliminate a lot of scamming, and would definitely make the amount of eBay threads go down. Just my 2 cents.

Yesterday i was just saying to someone else that we should put some kind of limit specifically in the trade. This way we have some kind of history before they are selling and trading amongst the community. I agree 50 may be high. I will discuss with everyone and see what they think and would love to hear more opinions on this.

50 is not high.

I actually thought it was a bit low. If the reasoning behind a limit is to stop scamming why make it an easily attainable number? If someone wants to scam, I wouldn't see having to make a few days worth of posts before scamming much of a deterrent for them. I'm not really behind this idea in general though. If we can't get likes back, why would they institute new features? Also, this should probably be in the support forum.

Won't work. Scammers are going to scam.

Be smart and don't trade/buy/sell to anyone you're not comfortable trading/buy/selling with.

I guarantee you some people will go elsewhere instead of taking time to build a post count up. It was mainly a suggestion to clean up eBay threads, that seem to be popping up at a rapid rate lately.

Won't work. Scammers are going to scam.

it will definitely help. People will not be able to just create an account and post stuff. If they're going to go through the effort of making 50 bullshit posts in a really short amount of time, it should be  pretty obvious they need to be blocked anyway.

You know, when I joined the boards, I joined just to list my ebay shit. I think I knew it would be frowned upon to 'appear' to be doing that (even though I was), so I waited until I commented on a few threads before I would try to sell. But I stuck around and have really enjoyed getting to know some people and I've even made some friends.

All that to say, a low post count like 50 may force people to be community-minded before trying to slang their goods.

I think that it makes sense that a person should have to be a member for say, a week, or post a minimum of ten posts before they are able to access or post in the FS/T forum.  

Personally, I'd rather see separate sub-forums for Selling and Buying / Trading, because I think you also get a number of willing buyers who come to this site specifically to find/buy albums.  I am fairly certain my first post here was a WTB thread listing albums that I wanted.  Of course I was chastised because, well, some people just can't be bothered but that's just VC.  You'd shut those people out from buying if you limit all new users from being able to post in the current consolidated S/T/W forum.

i dont even care anymore. ive found that putting any energy into anything is pointless cause anything we ask for never happens. good example is the likes. 

admins are a joke around here.