The "brag about hearing said song live" thread

mrewest

So I was inspired by last night's Muse show to start a thread where you can brag about hearing a rarity/oddball/cover song that most people may not have gotten a chance to see live.

I won the Muse lottery yesterday by getting to hear Fury live for only the 2nd time ever in America I believe.

Other notables off the top of my head are Paper Tigers by Thrice and all of If These Trees Could Talk's Red Forest album.

If a thread like this exists, please redirect me. I spent zero seconds looking.

But if not, brag away!

I saw the Halo Benders play a few songs after a Built to Spill set a couple years back. Doug Martsch also played a couple acoustic songs from his solo record before that. That was pretty awesome. Not much other stuff I can think of besides seeing Earth play two new songs a couple nights ago. I also got to see the first Mirrorring (Grouper/Tiny Vipers) show ever at some church in Portland.

at some point I'm certain I've heard every early against me! song live (not including the self-titled 12" and Vivida Vis! stuff)...and I'm certain I've heard songs off of the Self-Titled 12" live, but I don't have a copy of it...but they didn't have enough songs the first time I saw them to have no included at least 1 of those songs live the first time I saw them

at some point I'm certain I've heard every early against me! song live (not including the self-titled 12" and Vivida Vis! stuff)...and I'm certain I've heard songs off of the Self-Titled 12" live, but I don't have a copy of it...but they didn't have enough songs the first time I saw them to have no included at least 1 of those songs live the first time I saw them

I saw against me at a house show in Gainesville in probably 2004-2005 and have been in love ever since.

I saw against me at a house show in Gainesville in probably 2004-2005.

that would've been super rad.  I saw Leftover Crack at a house show in Huntsville, AL around '01...that shit was rad.   My first Against Me! show was in Madison, AL at the Bandito Burrito in '02 right after Andrew joined the band...was probably his first tour with them, right after Reinventing Axl Rose came out, played with The Natchez Shakers and it ruled, Tom/Laura still had an acoustic guitar plugged into an electric guitar amp...shit ruled

this past New Year's Eve, I saw the Bosstones play "Zig Zag Dance", not sure how often that's happened but it can't be more than a handful ever.  And to make it even cooler it was a mashup of Zig Zag Dance and Little Bit Ugly.  So rad.  I've got it on mp3 if anyone's interested.

Also saw Tiger Army play "American Nightmare" once a few years back and Nick said it was one of the only times they've ever played it live.  Great cover.

Evan/Into It. Over It. played "Carol Street" at the acoustic in-store at Criminal Records in Atlanta for this past Texas Is The Reason reunion...apparently he doesn't/hasn't play/ed it live? that was rad.   and then after that, the first ever Texas Is The Reason acoustic set happened, which was also pretty rad